April 27, 2024, 08:16:03 AM

Author Topic: Babesoul website hacked?  (Read 11351 times)

Synthax

• Superb!
    • View Profile
Babesoul website hacked?
« on: April 22, 2012, 04:24:30 AM »
Yesterday the Babesoul website was down. Today it's back up, but when I go there my security software has to block all kind of Trojan horses. Not a very comforting place to get extra models like Veronica...

Could it be that the site is hacked?

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
Re: Babesoul website hacked?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 07:51:17 AM »
I'm not sure what's going on there but I'll write to the owner and see if there's a problem.  I just tried opening it and don't get any sort of trojan warnings or anything like that.

It's possible that the web site wasn't actually down as it could it be that you picked up a virus or trojan on your own system and it caused it to look like it was down, and now you're getting warnings from your security software about it.  It's been known to happen.  Make sure to do a full scan of your system, of course.

LaydeHeather

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 08:21:24 AM »
I made the mistake of going there once and my AV software spazzed out.  The site wasn't hacked.  It was already a security nightmare.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 12:23:43 PM »
Interesting.  I don't get any warnings at all.  What security software are you guys using?  I know some of them will freak out at anything adult related.

Synthax

• Superb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 01:56:48 PM »
Avast antivirus, it's pretty standard issue.

And I'm pretty sure it's not the adult content that the antivirus is concerned about ;-)

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
  • what does this button do? <fx:ka-boom>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 02:15:58 PM »
Firefox's malware protection is blocking it as an attack site, which is (at least partly) based on google's index of sites known to be linking/distributing malware - could well mean it's been hacked...
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 08:14:13 PM »
Firefox's malware protection is blocking it as an attack site, which is (at least partly) based on google's index of sites known to be linking/distributing malware - could well mean it's been hacked...

So strange.  I have AdBlocker turned on, so I wonder if that's preventing me from getting any warnings, since maybe the trojan is in one of their ads.  I use BitDefender, Spybot, MalwareBytes, and a slew of other protections I won't mention (security purposes!!) on my system so it's odd that nothing's coming up wrong with the babesoul site for me.

walo

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 11:48:56 PM »
Tried to visit the Babesoul site today. It was blocked by Avira Antivirus Premium because of "Attacking Website", which means this site is blacklisted because of know security issues. This kind of websites are known to try to install some peace of software on your computer, to grab private information from you system or to infect your pc and make it part of a bot net.
This does not necessarily mean that the site was hacked, sometimes the behaviour of the site ist part of the business model.
And privacy issues can be seen as a problem or not, depending on local laws or sentiments.
If you know what exactly the site ist doing and you have no problems with this you can create an exception. I had to make an exception for parts of thrixx.com and there occured no problems yet, but it's always a risk! :-\

walo

nick561

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 10:10:52 AM »
yes ,you are right Synthax.I am agree with you...........

Synthax

• Superb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 05:02:01 AM »
The issue with the blocking of the site by my virusscanner seems to be resolved.

I just succesfully downloaded the 3 Babesoul characters :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk