April 29, 2024, 02:07:07 AM

Author Topic: Frame-rate drops? This happening to anyone else?  (Read 6861 times)

matthewman93

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Frame-rate drops? This happening to anyone else?
« on: March 13, 2012, 07:33:12 PM »
I'm just curious... I've been noticing that when I use my character editor girls in SexSim, there's a significant frame rate drop all around. For some reason, I never really noticed it until I happened to be running Fraps one day. On max settings, I usually get about 24 frames or so at the menu and in the scene itself when I use a standard character like Robyn, or someone I downloaded and unpacked from the custom characters section in the add-ons shop, like Angel. However, when I use a character I created by modifying someone (for example, my blonde model "Janine" I created from Alison), my frames dip down to about 16 or 17. It's quite a noticeable drop. What's curious is that when I went and tweaked a few things with Angel, the frame rate I get even after modifying her is still 24 frames, just like the other standard characters. When I tweaked Robyn, it was the same thing. Does this have something to do with the way custom characters are loaded by the game, or what? I'm no programmer, so I don't actually understand anything about the code itself. I just had a hunch that since Robyn, Alison, and Angel are all technically "downloaded" and "unpacked" or "installed" outside of the game, whereas my custom characters are just sort of created inside of the sim, they don't have these aforementioned frame rate drops. Can anybody relate, or maybe even find out what's causing this? :D Any help or knowledge on the topic would be appreciated!

CapnKlutz

• Tester
  • Secret life of a Superhero ;0)
    • View Profile
Re: Frame-rate drops? This happening to anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 03:29:47 PM »
Hi Matt,

I think it is probably more of an issue with your graphics card capability.

If you were to reduce your settings on the start up screen it may run smoother.

Cap'n.  8)
Sanity is in the eye of the beholder.

matthewman93

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 06:30:03 PM »
Hi Cap'n. I think we might be on two different pages here, haha :P The game runs smoothly when I use characters other than my two "custom" characters, Janine and Alexia. As soon as I select one of them, my game starts to run significantly slower. The graphics settings aren't so much the issue. I've tried lowering them to "good" but the same thing happens. It's odd o_0 I was just curious if anyone experienced something similar to this.

matthewman93

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 12:41:27 PM »
Any input on this, anyone?   ???

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 12:15:34 PM »
Your best bet for help is to click the "Help and Support" link here in the forum.  That's where I do tech support.  From there just send me your output log and I can quickly take a look and see what might be going on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk