April 27, 2024, 01:23:49 PM

Author Topic: Jewelry options  (Read 12807 times)

ak3566

• Tester
  • I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Jewelry options
« on: December 14, 2011, 08:56:22 AM »
I saw in the character xml files that there is an option for jewelry. The thing is that I do not know what all the options for this all. Is there a list? I tried to use the forum search feature but it did not give any results.

NMM

• Tester
  • Storytime!
    • View Profile
Re: Jewelry options
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 11:40:48 AM »
I don't think there's in-game settings to alter these yet, but some of the characters have piercings, such as Kendra...

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 11:43:45 AM »
All XML contents are described in the How to Make Things for Sex Sim section of this forum.  The jewelry options can be found in this thread towards the bottom of my post. 

I tried to use the forum search feature but it did not give any results.

The way search works on this forum is based on what section you are in when you search.  So if you're in a section that has no posts about what you're searching for you won't get any results.  Best bet is to go to the forum home page before searching.

ak3566

• Tester
  • I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 01:32:48 PM »
Ah. Thanks for explaining the search function. I found the post looking around myself.

Now my ladies can be extra pretty with jewelry!  ;)

thierry

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 08:41:25 PM »
Share some if you come up with some great ones!  I'd love to see some variations with earrings, necklaces, rings, navel rings, etc. 

ak3566

• Tester
  • I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 01:35:30 PM »
It does not seem that there is an option or making your own jewerly. Though that is an awesome idea! I like the idea of adding a naval ring. You can see what jewelry options are available near the bottom of the first post here:

http://www.sexsim.com/forum/index.php/topic,109.0.html

One option that I put on one of my ladies is: ball_ear_L, ball_ear_R, ball_nose_septum, black_bracelets_L, black_bracelets_R, earring_L, earring_R, nosering_L.

:)

CapnKlutz

• Tester
  • Secret life of a Superhero ;0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 02:11:05 PM »
I agree it would be great to be able to add custom jewelry.

Cap'n.  8)
Sanity is in the eye of the beholder.

ak3566

• Tester
  • I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 08:17:02 PM »
Is it possible to easily add a few jewelry options? Specifically:

• Tongue stud/piercing
  • Navel ring
  • Navel balls analogous to the ball_bridge_{L|R}
  • Clit and nipple rings -- the current ones look more like straight piercings than rings
  • Earrings and earring balls for the upper part of the ears? Mulitple such? Example with ball rings (could replace with real rings also):
    http://factoidz.com/images/user/29721.jpg 
    You can also see the following google images results for more examples of multiple ear piercings and other peircings.
    http://tinyurl.com/73w7gcb
  • Lip rings, left and right

I think it would be just like the current options just more places to put them. Maybe that is easier for while full blown custom jewelry is being implemented?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 06:48:59 AM by ak3566 »

ak3566

• Tester
  • I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 07:17:11 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but it is just that it would be a nice touch to help out with characters I am thinking about.

stuart666

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 04:47:33 AM »
You cant add items that the programmer has not put in. However you CAN paste on texture files on top of the textures used. I used that affect with a tounge stud on one character, and it came out quite well.

Not sure how well it would work with labia rings, but its worth trying at least. The only difficulty is getting the skin of the texture map to match with the surrounding texture. Ive never found that particularly easy, but you can always try with a new raster.

ak3566

• Tester
  • I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 06:47:36 AM »
I meant to ask if the options can be added in, not if the options are there. Sorry for the confusion!

I might try your idea of just copy/pasting the jewelry into the texture files. I do not know what you mean about skin of the texture map matching with the surrounding texture and I do not know what a raster is.

Oh! A tongue stud/piercing is a good idea for one of my characters too! I added it to the list. Thanks!

stuart666

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 08:32:04 AM »
Its not as hard as it sounds. You just need a halfway competent graphics program like Photoshop (or even Gimp, which although I cant get on with it has a lot of options) and copy and paste directly onto the texture map. There is an option called 'copy as raster' which basically makes an invisible texture which applies over the original texture, which means you can make alterations fairly easily without damaging the texture below.

I find copy and paste onto the original texture often enough gets you what you want. You just have to use the colour map alteration feature to alter the texture you are pasting to match close enough the skin texture of the map below.

Thats how I do it anyway. Im sure there are better methods.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 01:16:23 PM »
Depending on which version of Photoshop you use, the easiest way I would think (and what I use myself) is to make use of layers.  Just make a new layer on top of the existing texture and paint whatever you like.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk