April 27, 2024, 05:07:51 AM

Author Topic: Crash  (Read 12762 times)

needluvn

• Shotgun Nun
    • View Profile
Crash
« on: July 25, 2010, 02:22:29 PM »
I'm addicted to this game but it won't run 5 minutes without crashing my whole computer.
Any idea what's going on?

I've emailed the output log.
\n/

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
Re: Crash
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 02:31:54 PM »
I'm addicted to this game but it won't run 5 minutes without crashing my whole computer.
Any idea what's going on?

I've emailed the output log.

I'm sorry you're having trouble.  I'm checking out the output log right now.  Can you also send me more info about your system, specifically what type of graphics card you have and how much RAM you have?

Also, when it crashes, what happens?  Does it give any sort of error message on screen or does it just disappear?

Please also try lowering the graphics quality level to the lowest setting and see if that helps.

Finally, have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the sim?  That will sometimes do the trick.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 02:34:24 PM by Jak (ripened peach) »

needluvn

• Shotgun Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 09:00:48 PM »
I'm not sure exactly what my graphics card is because I'm running it off a laptop. So basic if any.

I have 1014 MB's of RAM too.

It would shut my computer right down. No warning or nothing.  At first it wouldn't even take me to the safe mode options at startup but now it does.

I started it off running it on 'fastest' and the problem started. I run it off 'fast' now and it seems to last a little longer.

I'll try uninstalling it and reinstalling it now.
\n/

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 09:13:43 PM »
Just so I'm clear on what's happening...

At what point does it crash?  Can you tell me what you're doing step by step up until it crashes?  What I'm trying to find out is if it happens only at a certain part or if it happens randomly.  The output log you sent tells me when it crashed that particular time but I'll need to find out if it always happens at that point or not.

And you say it shuts the system down?  As in, the computer powers off totally?  Or does it just reset it?

This is the first I've heard of anything like this so thanks for your patience while I try to sort it out.

needluvn

• Shotgun Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 01:52:08 AM »
It happens randomly. I could be doing a guy on girl scene or a girl on girl scene and it will power off after a few minutes. It does power the computer off completely and I have to power it back on.

I could even leave it on one position and it will power off. It takes a couple minutes and sometimes it's taken up to 7 or 8 minutes to power off.

It's like 63 Plymouth. You know it's gonna die, it's just a matter of when. lol

What I can do if it will help is every time it crashes, I can send you the output log and maybe you can see a pattern.
\n/

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 12:04:55 PM »
It happens randomly. I could be doing a guy on girl scene or a girl on girl scene and it will power off after a few minutes. It does power the computer off completely and I have to power it back on.

I could even leave it on one position and it will power off. It takes a couple minutes and sometimes it's taken up to 7 or 8 minutes to power off.

It's like 63 Plymouth. You know it's gonna die, it's just a matter of when. lol

What I can do if it will help is every time it crashes, I can send you the output log and maybe you can see a pattern.

If the computer powers off like that it could mean something more serious than simply this game having trouble.  Are you able to play any other graphics intensive games on it with no trouble? 

One thing that can cause a system to shut down like that is it overheating.  If the laptop gets too hot it sometimes will shut itself down as a safety measure.  In fact if you look up "laptop shuts off in the middle of game" in Google most of the results have to do with overheating.  Do you have any sort of laptop cooler underneath it?  That's what Sophia uses on hers and it keeps things cool; otherwise her laptop gets way too hot with all the use it gets.

needluvn

• Shotgun Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 01:35:13 AM »
I don't really play any other games on the computer. I used to play Sexvilla but never had this problem. I don't have a cooling system for the laptop but i rest it on a folder and it's never overheated. Do games make the computer get really hot you think?
\n/

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 10:05:00 AM »
Intensive graphics is one of the main things that will cause a laptop to overheat, yes.  If you don't play any other games on that system then that's a good reason why it started shutting down with Sex Sim.  It uses the latest in graphics technology and will definitely intensify the heat on your laptop.  If possible you might want to try aiming a small fan at the laptop and see if it makes things better while playing.  If it does help then you could think about picking up a laptop cooler.

needluvn

• Shotgun Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 03:35:39 PM »
Ok I can try that. I'll let you know.

Thanks for your patience in this.
\n/

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 06:49:26 PM »
Ok I can try that. I'll let you know.

Thanks for your patience in this.

I'm here to help and it's your patience I'm thankful for.  I hope this works for you. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk