April 27, 2024, 09:52:11 AM

Author Topic: What kind of hair styles do you want?  (Read 55561 times)

BoSoxFan

• Sex Sim Rocks! Go Red Sox!
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of hair styles do you want?
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2013, 09:22:15 PM »
Just trying to run up my post counter.  no seriously though.  Is there a hair color modifier on the horizon?  I like the skin color modifier in the character editor, is there a way to use something like that for the hair?  I would love to be able to get more of a natural redhead, rather than the candy apple.  like Darci and Danielle's .  that would be a great feature i think.  Thanks Jak and Giselle.

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
  • what does this button do? <fx:ka-boom>
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2013, 01:03:09 PM »
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

BoSoxFan

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2013, 04:10:11 PM »
Is there a hair color modifier on the horizon?

http://www.sexsim.com/shop-buy-sell/item/20/hair-styler ?

I am aware of that i guess i forgot simply because i have downloaded and installed the *&%^ thing 7 or 8 times and it still wont work.  Thanks for reminding me though, I guess I'll give it another crack.

What I was meaning by modifier was the R G B sliders that are available for the skin, making that available for hair.  If that is what the hair-styler add-on does then I will just need to get the thing working in my sim.

Thanks Pronzilla.  Also thanks for the permutor, it has made some wonderful ladies for me.

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
  • what does this button do? <fx:ka-boom>
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2013, 12:35:59 PM »
You can do RGB on hair by editing the XML files.  That said, IIRC it doesn't actually *work* unless you've got the hair styler installed (otherwise it falls back to the style's default colour?)

For example:
Code: [Select]
<Hair>(...style...)</Hair>
<HairColor>123,123,123</HairColor>

(PPP actually generates colours like that if you use the "RGB xxx" colour options)

The colour is applied over the "white" hair texture that's available via the hair styler, and it looks a bit "flat" to my eye, but tastes differ.

Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

BoSoxFan

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2013, 10:37:19 PM »
You can do RGB on hair by editing the XML files.  That said, IIRC it doesn't actually *work* unless you've got the hair styler installed (otherwise it falls back to the style's default colour?)

For example:
Code: [Select]
<Hair>(...style...)</Hair>
<HairColor>123,123,123</HairColor>

(PPP actually generates colours like that if you use the "RGB xxx" colour options)

The colour is applied over the "white" hair texture that's available via the hair styler, and it looks a bit "flat" to my eye, but tastes differ.

Thanks for the tip,  I have tried messing with them like what the permuter does i guess I dont have the patience to fiddle with it.  I just thought sliders would be nice.  That way you can see the results immediately.

I have tried to fiddle with the xml files themselves to get different color combos but could never make it work.  I really like darcis red hair but I could not get it to go to any other hairstyle no matter what I did.

I have used the permuter to get the glasses on the up do to be pink, to match the hair I used.  It took a little time and I opted to bag that aspect of my customizing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk