April 27, 2024, 10:47:45 PM

Author Topic: Can't change clothes on starter female characters  (Read 8943 times)

TXStar69

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Can't change clothes on starter female characters
« on: January 20, 2011, 10:58:42 AM »
I just started playing this game recently.  I can't change clothes on starter female characters.  The males are always nude.  I click on the outfits in the closet for Robyn and Layla, but they stay in the catsuits. 

Thanks.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
Re: Can't change clothes on starter female characters
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 11:05:44 AM »
The word "catsuits" got my attention.  The models should be nude.  If you are seeing a "catsuit" I assume you mean a grey nondescript outfit.  If that is the case then this is a graphic card issue. 

Please private message me with the output_log.txt file from your Sex Sim\sexsim_Data\ directory and I'll be able to tell more about your graphic settings. 

Also, please try using the sim in at 1024x768 resolution with "Fastest" graphic quality if you haven't already, and see if that solves the problem.  If it does, then try higher resolutions\graphic settings until you find the highest one your system can use, and that's the one to stick with.

TXStar69

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:57:52 PM »
i sent you my output.log or whatever that was in a private message... guess you're suffering from the bad winter weather, too.

i looked up my graphics driver and it was made in 2007 and i can't find updates for it on the internet, so that may be a reason why the girls are wearing the non-descript gray colored "catsuits". 

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 09:07:23 PM »
i sent you my output.log or whatever that was in a private message... guess you're suffering from the bad winter weather, too.

i looked up my graphics driver and it was made in 2007 and i can't find updates for it on the internet, so that may be a reason why the girls are wearing the non-descript gray colored "catsuits".

No bad weather here luckily, I'm in Southern California. :)

I don't see any private message from you in my private message inbox here nor in email anywhere, so who knows what happened.  In any case, the "catsuit" issue is generally caused by a graphic card that isn't up to the task of displaying Sex Sim.  If going into the faster mode and lower resolution doesn't help then the only other solution I can think of is to upgrade the video card.  If you can tell me what video card you're using at least then I can determine if that's the problem.

TXStar69

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 08:40:44 AM »
My graphics controller is
Intel (R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV

Is that what you mean?

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 08:49:21 AM »
Yes that would be the problem right there.  That card is from around 2004\2005 and doesn't fully support all of the features of Direct x 9.0.  You'll get graphic problems like the "catsuits" in Sex Sim (and some other games) as a result.

TXStar69

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 09:13:33 AM »
drats

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile