May 09, 2024, 02:49:40 PM

Author Topic: Not starting  (Read 6595 times)

sumi

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Not starting
« on: January 10, 2011, 04:04:41 AM »
When I run the game the initial dialog for selecting resolution and stuff shows up but when I continue a black windows shows up and nothing happens. I'm in win7. Why is this?

I've attached the output log file.

KreagonPL

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Re: Not starting
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 09:41:19 AM »
Hmm try to download latest video drivers for your card

If your using ATI
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

And if Nvidia
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=pl

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 11:03:37 AM »
As KreagonPL points out, make sure you're using the latest video card drivers for that card, first off.

Please note that the card you're using isn't really designed for gaming and will most likely have a hard time running any current game at decent resolutions, or at all.  Are you able to play other current PC games with this system?  You might want to try lowering the resolution that you start Sex Sim at, to see if that helps.

sumi

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 07:45:15 PM »
Thank for the responses...
But its very unlikely to be a problem of the VGA card, because I've played COD Modern Warfare, NFS Shift,Dirt 2 and lotsof other games quite comfortably.
Anyway thanks again.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 05:57:33 PM »
Thank for the responses...
But its very unlikely to be a problem of the VGA card, because I've played COD Modern Warfare, NFS Shift,Dirt 2 and lotsof other games quite comfortably.
Anyway thanks again.

I'm not sure then what the problem could be.  The output log you sent finishes with the video card settings, so I can only assume from that that the sim is freezing at that point.  If you're able to actually load the sim and THEN it crashes, then I'll need an output log from that session to determine what the problem is.  Please private message it to me though, instead of posting it in this thread.  I hope we can figure this out for you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk