April 27, 2024, 06:34:59 AM

Author Topic: fun with bump maps  (Read 5154 times)

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
  • what does this button do? <fx:ka-boom>
    • View Profile
fun with bump maps
« on: November 19, 2010, 02:33:17 PM »
This one's kinda peculiar.

Just to prove I aten't dead, and I really am working on the next release of PPP, here's something funny I came across while playing with bump maps:

I've attached two character XML files.  They're basically identical copies of the original "robyn" file[1] except for one difference: I've altered the "b" file to attempt to use layla's bump map.

Whoops.  It doesn't like that at all - she's developed a rather severe case of albinism (screenshot attached - the body texture is gone, and she's rendered as white - really white, as in #ffffff-white for all you hex-fluent people). 

If I swap it out to use a custom texture, rather than an original one, the body texture shows as normal, but mis-matched original body texture and original bump map: white as the driven snow.

Is it meant to do that?  I appreciate that doing mix-and-match with textures and bump maps may yield peculiar results, but I regard that as half the fun of playing with randomness. 

[1] I tweaked the name and the "image" element, so they play nice in the user_created directory, but I'm fairly sure that's not relevant here.
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
Re: fun with bump maps
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 05:29:37 PM »
I'll check it out and see what's going on.  It should let you mix and match so if it's not then something is off.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk