April 29, 2024, 06:15:25 AM

Author Topic: Is it possible to add a photo from a face to a model  (Read 18710 times)

wow

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Is it possible to add a photo from a face to a model
« on: October 15, 2010, 08:46:22 AM »
I was thinking how easy or difficult would it be to add a part of photo (face frontal) from Jenna Jameson (when she was pretty) to a model with the some figure. Copy and paste and then stretch it here and there, or is it almost impossible?

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
Re: Is it possible to add a photo from a face to a model
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 10:44:14 AM »
I was thinking how easy or difficult would it be to add a part of photo (face frontal) from Jenna Jameson (when she was pretty) to a model with the some figure. Copy and paste and then stretch it here and there, or is it almost impossible?

You could certainly try that.  Just check out some of the tutorials in the How To section of the forum and you'll be on your way.

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
  • what does this button do? <fx:ka-boom>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 09:44:09 AM »
Yes, but...

I've been experimenting with this a bit (the results will probably end up posted here at some point, once I'm happy with them) and it's possible, but:
  • it's quite a bit of work
  • the end result doesn't end up looking much like the photo you started with; mostly because the sexsim models probably don't really have the same bone structure...

How I've been doing it:
  • get a photo morphing program (I'm not going to recommend one; I've got one that I find just about usable, but i'm not overly impressed, so they're not going to get free advertising from me)  It needs to be able to deform a picture without messing with the colours (so, warp, rather than a full morph; but this seems to be a feature of most morphing progs, 'cos warping is half a morph anyway)
  • get a fairly high-res picture to start from (like, face at least ~800px or so high - so it's got to be a high-res full-face picture)
  • morph the photo so that (shape-wise) it matches the basic face image jak posted in the how to use custom textures thread (this is gonna look really strange)
  • using the graphics program of your choice, crop the morphed image as appropriate and overlay it onto the basic head texture
  • spend ages trying to make the join less obvious and getting the skin tones to match up across the three texture images

Given my less-than-stellar graphics skills, step 5 usually takes me approximately forever (which is why the results of my experiments haven't shown up here yet; one of them is just about getting there...)
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

stuart666

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 10:56:57 AM »
Ive had some luck editing the Brazilian model on the free forum, and managed to paste the face of a Brazilian supermodel on it. Im no expert, but to my eye it looks quite good.

Its perhaps easier to edit existing models than create one from scratch.

stuart666

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 11:05:37 AM »
Here is another one, a girls whose picture I scanned in from a magazine. I managed to copy and paste onto an existing model, and I think the effect is quite pleasing. The head isnt completely right, but reasonably close I think.

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
  • what does this button do? <fx:ka-boom>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 02:05:34 PM »
nice job in both cases.  Any chance you could post 'em in this forum? :eyebrows:

I agree about editing existing textures.  Not least because, while I can motivate myself to spend the time to get the face/boobs/ladyparts looking good, I have rather less enthusiasm when it comes to, say, elbows.
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

stuart666

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 02:16:34 PM »
Thanks for that. Ill have to ask those who created the originals permission to upload I think. Hopefully they wont mind.

BigDaddyBane

• Who's your daddy?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 02:47:42 PM »
Nice work. Remember these won't be exact though. I have been working on again/off again on a couple comic book characters, and in the end they will look a ibt closer to the originals than say mapping a real person on to the framework we have here. In the end, the characters have an animated look to them which will always make them look off. Just the way it is.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 04:51:07 PM »
I've been thinking about various ways to make truly custom faces more possible.  I have a few ideas but any thoughts people would like to share along those lines would be appreciated.  I'm hoping to get the beginnings of this type of thing into the next update (the one after this one coming).

Oh, and nice job stuart666, those look great, especially the first shot.  Thanks Pronzilla also for the ideas you posted.  Good stuff.

stuart666

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 01:56:56 AM »
I've been thinking about various ways to make truly custom faces more possible.  I have a few ideas but any thoughts people would like to share along those lines would be appreciated.  I'm hoping to get the beginnings of this type of thing into the next update (the one after this one coming).

Oh, and nice job stuart666, those look great, especially the first shot.  Thanks Pronzilla also for the ideas you posted.  Good stuff.

High praise indeed, thanks very much. :)  Congrats to you also on creating what proved an amusing diversion.

I would like to post this one up, and ive asked Oncesailor for permission as I pasted it and adjusted his original skin 'yara' to do it. Unfortunately he doesnt seem to post here much any more so he probably wont see it. Maybe ill post it up, and if he isnt happy, Ill pull it down again. I certainly dont want to be causing problems in the community.
Is there any particular types people want? I dont really want to do supermodels or actors, but unknown nude models Id be interested having a crack at.

As for improvements, I be interested in it being made easier to do custom faces, perhaps some kind of viewer so you can stretch the face to fit without having to continually boot up the sim to check changes might be an idea. A system to make it easier to fit body textures would also be useful too. For example, if Ive a full frontal, which I can then copy and paste onto a 3d wire mesh.
As for faces, more control over various elements would be good. Such as nose type, width of chin, width of eyes. Something much closer to the original model would then be much closer to achieve. Also, if a proper editor was created (which I would gladly expend peach points on), you could input real life data such as 34-24-38 or whatever, and get something close to the original.

Ive no idea how doable any of this is. Still, if you dont ask and all that. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk