April 27, 2024, 09:43:26 AM

Author Topic: Oculus  (Read 11551 times)

xpat1024

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Oculus
« on: November 10, 2013, 05:06:28 AM »
Will there be any chance that sexsim will support the oculus in the future.  It would add a whole other dimension to this sim. (excuse the pun :P )  And the oculus SDK totally supports unity.

thanks

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
Re: Oculus
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 12:50:45 PM »
I've thought about it but I can't say for sure if it's in the future for the sim or not. The amount of time and money it would take to get a dev kit, program it into the sim, and get it all working correctly versus the number of people who would buy the unit and want to use it with the sim is the main factor I would have to determine.

Souril

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 10:31:57 AM »
Would put a interesting twist on things, but if we do that then I think the partner tab needs to have a 3 spot for fantasy. That way you can group all the fantasy characters there and be able to find your partner faster.

Anyways there are other things I think should be a higher focus. Anal, threesome, foursome, dancing, new locations, etc.

This game is going to be one of the biggest game of its type out there once things start rolling along. Shame more people are not joining it already as if they had higher funds they can expand quicker

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 02:24:23 PM »
...if they had higher funds they can expand quicker
This. :)

retron23

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 02:53:04 AM »
I've thought about it but I can't say for sure if it's in the future for the sim or not. The amount of time and money it would take to get a dev kit, program it into the sim, and get it all working correctly versus the number of people who would buy the unit and want to use it with the sim is the main factor I would have to determine.

It's incredibly easy to implement in Unity if you have a kit, and there's going to be a huge demand for VR sex games when the consumer Rift is released. There are already a few out there, I'm sure you're aware of some of them, and more are being developed or planning to add VR. SexSim is probably the best with the POV setup, and would be a perfect fit for a VR version.

Honestly Giselle, I'm an experienced Unity developer and character animator, and I have a Rift, Hydra, and other fun peripherals. I'm a big fan of your guys' game and would be happy to work something out if you were interested in some outside collaboration. I could even probably help with an IK animation posing editor, soft body physics, procedural interactive behaviors etc. Let me know, I can send you stuff I've worked on ;)

theevilone

• -
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 05:36:44 PM »
Let me make one note, the "consumer" version of the Oculus isn't exactly publicly available yet, the dev kit is in excess of $300 according to Wikipedia, and it's rumored a consumer variant is going to be less than $300 but probably still *very* expensive.

For a free game, I don't think it's worth having sexsim recoded to support the Oculus Rift and other such devices, however, if they *do* create a version of Sex Sim that includes support for Oculus, they're going to probably have to charge people for the game, then, as a separate variant of the game that supports the Oculus devices, and such...
The Evil One

50+ ADD-ONS

DrSnake

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 08:46:22 AM »
Depends on how the game is coded, i am a game developer using the Oculus Rift and integration isn't pretty hard todo even on a custom engine. But then again it was coded with oculus in mind ;)

Would love to help out on this game if there is any need of course.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk