Sex Sim > How to make things for Sex Sim

How to use the Character Editor

<< < (2/6) > >>

Ed583:
When using custom bump maps and spec maps, is there a specific naming convention for the files so they can be loaded in the editor?

Jak (ripened peach):

--- Quote from: ed583 on February 14, 2012, 10:43:55 AM ---When using custom bump maps and spec maps, is there a specific naming convention for the files so they can be loaded in the editor?

--- End quote ---

Nope, you should be able to load any jpg or png file in and the system will take care of the rest for you.  If you have any trouble with certain files let me know.

A note about bump maps: I've noticed that sometimes the bump mapping can seem reversed in a way so if you have that happen and you're using the page I linked to (http://www.smart-page.net/smartnormal/) then just check the "invert source" button on that generator and it will fix it for you.

wolf007:
Is there a way to edit lipstick or eyeshadow? I see that I can alter lips and eyelashes, but I don't see any way to change make-up. As my first attempt, I'm trying to make a non-Goth Bella (other changes too), but if I can't change the lipstick or eyeshadow, I'm not going to get very far...

Jak (ripened peach):

--- Quote from: wolf007 on February 21, 2012, 03:02:37 PM ---Is there a way to edit lipstick or eyeshadow? I see that I can alter lips and eyelashes, but I don't see any way to change make-up. As my first attempt, I'm trying to make a non-Goth Bella (other changes too), but if I can't change the lipstick or eyeshadow, I'm not going to get very far...

--- End quote ---

There is currently no way to edit textures in the editor so to do anything like makeup, etc. you have to get your hands dirty with custom textures.  I do plan to add a makeup add-on to the editor in the future.

pronzilla:
Jak, any chance you could explain exactly how the "skin colour" stuff works?  Presumably it does some sort of colour manipulation on the texture files - what is that manipulation?

My current guess is, for each channel:

FinalValue = (RawTextureValue * 255) / SliderValue.

I'm attempting to do stuff with the skin colour in PPP, and I'm having severe difficulty getting to behave like I want it to.  Either I'm on crack and what I'm doing just ain't gonna do what I want it to do, or the skin colour controls don't do what I think they do.  Or both, possibly  :D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version