April 27, 2024, 11:09:38 PM

Author Topic: Greater context  (Read 9186 times)

Anasctazia

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Greater context
« on: November 26, 2011, 02:34:23 AM »
SexSim is by far the most fun game of this kind I've seen. I'm only playing the vanilla version as yet, and it still supports good options for customization as well as a great selection of fun to have with your partner and it all looks and behaves splendidly too. This game will go far, I'm sure! Good job.

What I like about the sex mods for some of the greater computer games (The Elder Scrolls for an example) is that it always puts the sexual acts into a larger context and into a part of the story of your character.

I am not saying that you should create the land of Skyrim for our characters to visit, but SexSim could feature contextual sex just by adding a location where the player character can meet and pick up her partners. Like a shopping centre or mall, for an example. A mall could easily be tied to the SexSim add-ons shop as well.

In my mind I can see a whole city recreated in 3d with NPC's to pick up for sex, and locations modded and created by users. Just an idea.

CapnKlutz

• Tester
  • Secret life of a Superhero ;0)
    • View Profile
Re: Greater context
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 03:02:42 AM »
There is a sound basis for expansion.

Before we reach that point though, I feel we need more real world clothing & everyday animations, so storyboards can be supported.

Cap'n.  8)

Sanity is in the eye of the beholder.

Anasctazia

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 04:44:54 AM »
You're right about that.

SexSim has tremendous potential. I'm looking forward to see where they take it.

NMM

• Tester
  • Storytime!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 09:20:26 AM »
Dating-sim style, where you can have a bunch of locations to meet people, then conversation trees to talk to them? Could be a fun idea!

In the meantime you could check out the stories section for some illustrated tales from the Sex Sim world *shameless plug* :)

Drifter

• Tester
  • Just a cool cat wanderin' around...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 05:28:45 PM »
I like it, definitely would be an interesting direction to go, though I wonder if the current game engine would be equipped to handle it. It might be something to keep in mind for "Sex Sim 2: The Adventure!" or something like that, otherwise.

I am reminded of the open world aspect Bonetown had, that was a fun example. It had minigames and challenges you could do in addition to the story missions, using various characters randomly generated within the assigned area. Sometimes you had to bring a specific partner to orgasm as many times as you could within the allotted time, or you had to nail as many different ones of a certain type as you could (one funny one went by weight level, kept track of how many pounds' worth of partners you went through, so the fatter the better).

It also had a "fantasy room" bonus area, separate from the main game, where you could go and revisit all of the special sex encounters you'd unlocked via the main story missions, and also had a good amount of random hotties lounging about for you to have fun with. Something like that seems like it could be doable, would be a fun option.

woolfe99

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 01:12:10 PM »
3D Sexvilla2 has a story board option, but it's clunkly and not very satifying.  For one thing, it uses talk bubbles instead of sound files to simulate dialogue.  I think a better implemented story board option would be welcome, but I'd rather see it not done at all then done in a less than satisfying way.  One option is to build the sim up as much as possible and make it successful, then design an RPG based on the same engine.

booblover

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 09:25:47 AM »
Just some more locations would be great...

NMM

• Tester
  • Storytime!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 03:28:59 PM »
Perhaps a little simpler than Sunset Beach too, for some reason that place eats up loads of resources on my system!

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 03:55:20 PM »
Perhaps a little simpler than Sunset Beach too, for some reason that place eats up loads of resources on my system!

In the next update I've added a setting that will let the Sunset Beach level take up less resources on systems that need have that problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk