April 27, 2024, 03:02:00 AM

Author Topic: Preference/options?  (Read 5512 times)

Chewwie

• This forum needs more WOOKIE!
    • View Profile
Preference/options?
« on: July 13, 2010, 10:59:07 AM »
Hello, just a little thing i think might be nice.

The ability to actually have more control over graphical input. As it stands we are given the option to choose preset graphics ranging from 'fastest' to 'fantastic'. I didn't notice any information as to what exactly changes (except AA x6 or somesuch on highest, i forget...) Obviously the higher detail options provide better visuals but there is no room for tweaking as its all presets.

However, the visual tweaking thing it self isn't a big problem, just something nice to have. One thing does annoy me however. No sound options are available. It was the same for 'Cherry Dolls'. There is nothing to change the sound ingame. Only way i can turn down/Off sound is via my speakers.

Would it be possible to add such options in future?

Anyhow, its a pretty good product you have going here. Hope it continues to grow and develope!
*insert witty or extensively humorous response someone has said on the forum*

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
Re: Preference/options?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 12:04:11 PM »
Good points.  As it turns out, the differences between the graphic settings at this point are pretty much what you see as far as being anti-aliasing levels and a couple of other things.  In other words, when you switch from "Fantastic" to "Beautiful" there is only a difference between two things: first is the anti-aliasing level which is 4x in "Beautiful" and 6x in "Fantastic".  Second is what's called "shadow cascades" which has to do with the quality of cast shadows. 

Beyond those two things there's no difference between the two settings.  As you step down it changes those things mainly and then in the lower modes it changes the "anisotropic" levels.  We tried to keep things as nice as possible no matter which level is picked but as you notice that also means not too many changes between presets.  As we move forward we'll probably introduce more advanced options with special graphic shaders etc. which may require higher end cards but we also want to keep everything running as smoothly as possible on as many systems as possible.

As far as sound goes, we plan to incorporate a volume slider.  Some of the environments coming up will have ambient sounds (birds, etc.) so we'll have two volume sliders (one for the characters and one for ambience) but if there are other things you'd like access to with the sounds let me know.

Thanks for the comments.  It really helps to find out what people are looking for and sometimes all it takes is asking.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk