April 27, 2024, 01:10:44 AM

Author Topic: Install issue. Second disk???  (Read 18332 times)

mrbates

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Install issue. Second disk???
« on: October 20, 2010, 09:28:42 AM »
I've tried reinstalling multiple times and re-downloading the installer but I keep running up against the same problem.

When I run the sexsim_setup.exe everything is fine and dandy until its nearly at the end of installation, the text above the progress bar says "tex_char-Robyn.sexsim", when a window pops up titled "Insert Disk". Heres a  screenshot.

If I hit cancel and try and run the program I hang forever on a loading screen after entering in my login info.

Specs:
Processor: AMD Phemon II x4 810 Processor 2.6 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
System Type: 64-bit
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700

How do I install the game properly?

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
Re: Install issue. Second disk???
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 10:15:06 AM »
I'm not sure why that's happening and it's the first time I've heard of anything like that.  Have you tried installing it to the default directory the installer wants instead of in into the one you are trying to install to?  Please check if that works and if not then I'll look into other possible solutions.

mrbates

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 10:26:11 AM »
I have the same problem when I let it install to the default I'm afraid. I can't think of anything unique about my computer that could cause this but I do use Daemon tools for virtual drives. Getting rid of them didn't seem to help though.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 11:25:32 AM »
Hmm, that is very strange.  You say you've downloaded the file again?  Can you try downloading it to a totally different directory and then installing from there?  Also, are you running any virus checker during the installation?  It's possible that it could be interfering with the install.

mrbates

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 01:36:30 PM »
I'm downloading the installer to my user directory now. I'll do a restart once its downloaded make sure the virus software is off before I install.

mrbates

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 02:21:54 PM »
It installed properly and seems to be working now. I'm not sure if it was the restart, downloading it to the user folder, or making sure that my anti virus software was off by checking the processes in task manager but its working and I can log in.

Thank you very much for your help.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 02:36:20 PM »
Awesome, I'm glad you got it working.  Welcome to Sex Sim and I hope you enjoy it. :cheers:

mech1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 12:31:56 AM »
IMHO it seems that the package was blocked/removed during unpacking/istalling to you system.
This happens to me time to time with NOD32 which thinks that there is virus and remove the EXE before the install ends.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 10:01:07 AM »
IMHO it seems that the package was blocked/removed during unpacking/istalling to you system.
This happens to me time to time with NOD32 which thinks that there is virus and remove the EXE before the install ends.

Yeah it's definitely a good idea to ALWAYS have virus protection running at all times, but during installations it's sometimes necessary to turn it off or it interferes with the install.  Sort of defeats its own purpose but hey that's a computer for you, haha.

swinger25

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 03:03:42 PM »
oh my god im turning crazy.. the same problem is happening to me... "please insert disk 2" I put off the NOD, I tried all the tips mentioned here. No way. Something is happening

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 03:20:28 PM »
Please let me know as many details about your system as you can or there's really no way for me to even guess at the problem.

Studley

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 07:24:41 AM »
I'm having the same installation problem.  I've tried running setup from your site, and I've tried saving the setup file to computer and then running it, and I keep getting asked for a second disk.  Must be a bug in the installer.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 11:39:19 AM »
I'm having the same installation problem.  I've tried running setup from your site, and I've tried saving the setup file to computer and then running it, and I keep getting asked for a second disk.  Must be a bug in the installer.

It's possible there's something in the installer doing it but at the same time we have around 300 new users sign up and use the sim every day so it's not something that's affecting everyone.

I'll take a look and see what I can find, but again there's nothing much I can do without knowing what kind of systems people have.  If it is a bug then it must have to do with something specific on the systems being affected, but without knowing what those systems are my hands are tied.

Wattie

• Nice Pixels!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 12:58:01 PM »
I had the same issue at first.  I found out though for some reason if I registered on the main site first THEN downloaded the game file then it loaded correctly and the installer worked perfectly.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 03:57:19 PM »
I had the same issue at first.  I found out though for some reason if I registered on the main site first THEN downloaded the game file then it loaded correctly and the installer worked perfectly.

That's just luck. :)  Registering doesn't change the file, but I think maybe what might happening is possibly too many people are downloading at once, and some people are getting a bad download.  I'm uploading a newly built version of the file just in case it's the file itself, but I'm also going to look into having the file mirrored on some other servers to spread out the load.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk