April 27, 2024, 08:46:09 AM

Author Topic: Suddenly- malware  (Read 6829 times)

whatever0623

• Glad I found sexsim!!
    • View Profile
Suddenly- malware
« on: August 06, 2014, 12:14:06 PM »
My virus scan went crazy when I tried to download it. Malware times 3, one was a critical one. What is going on? The main reason I chose this Sim is because of no pop up ads and no malware. I have been on here for a long time, but had to buy a new computer. When I went to install, it was blocked.
PLEASE tell me what is up!?
I run AVG.
If you can't be good, be good at it!

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
Re: Suddenly- malware
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 05:42:29 PM »
I can't officially speak for this product anymore, as I'm no longer involved in its development, but...

False positives are becoming more and more common with certain virus scanners, and it's possible that this is happening to you. Another possibility, and probably more likely, is that you have other malware or virii on your system that is attaching itself to anything you download.

I just downloaded a fresh copy of the Sex Sim installer from here and ran a MalwareBytes check on it and a BitDefender check on it, and both reported no threats found.

I would do a total virus check on your system, as well as scan the system with MalwareBytes (it's free) and SpyBot Search and Destroy (also free). You can find them both in Google, but make sure you get them from the actual sites they are from.

I hope that helps!

whatever0623

• Glad I found sexsim!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 11:25:38 PM »
Giselle,
 :-* I did the malware bytes, I had it already and also scanned with AVG. Malware detected nothing, AVG did, said it was serious, but I decided it was just a false read. I've had the game for a couple years, never had a problem. It's "up" and running.  :eyebrows:
Thank you for the reply and the tips!
If you can't be good, be good at it!

TamHaHaoJai

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 07:57:16 PM »
I have plenty of information I believe that there is a lot of information on this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk