April 27, 2024, 12:29:17 AM

Author Topic: The zooming and Auto center camera issue  (Read 10356 times)

mech1

• View Profile
The zooming and Auto center camera issue
« on: August 27, 2010, 01:17:42 PM »
Auto center camera is a good feature but when you use middle button to move camera elsewhere it's stays here to the time when you push right button for angle changing. Than the camera automatically return to the center of the girl and you have to push the middle to move the camera again.

I tried to disable the ACC in options but than there is problem with zooming. You can zoom but more closer you are more tiny are the zoom steps and finally it stops really far from the girl.
The tricky is, that after disabing ACC it works fine when you are just looking on the Girl standing but when you chose the position the problems start. Even if you go to menu and chose another girl.
It will change only when you enable and again disable ACC but just only for standing position :-)

Is there a way how to auto center camera just after the change of position?
Or is there a way how to fix the zooming issue with Auto center camera option disbled?

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
Re: The zooming and Auto center camera issue
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 01:29:18 PM »
The camera always focuses on an invisible object that's "tethered" to it.  When you move the camera with the middle mouse button, it's that object you're moving, and the camera goes with it.  When you use the right mouse button, the camera orbits around that object.

When Auto Center is turned on, the object moves itself to a point on the characters.

The reason zooming can be difficult when Auto Center is turned off is that the object is being moved around the screen and when you zoom in, the camera zooms in to that object.  Since you can't see the object, it can be difficult to figure out where you're zooming.  It takes some practice to get right, but once you wrap your brain around it, turning off Auto Centering can help you get the best camera angles.

I'll be making some changes to the camera in future updates to make it more intuitive.

mech1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 01:43:05 PM »
I'm not sure if you understand me correctly ... I understand your explanation but I'm unable to make the same detailed zoom witn ACC disabled.
On the pic_1 you can see the maximum (or the minimum) zoom I'm able to do with ACC disabled. Doesn't matter if I scrolling the mouse wheel or clicking on the + in camera panel the zoom isn't continue.
On the pic_2 there is detailed zoom with ACC enabled.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »
I understand exactly what you're saying, I think it's my explanation of how the camera works that doesn't make sense.  Using Auto Center off takes practice and it's not recommended for everyone.

mech1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 02:15:21 PM »
I got it!

Your explanation is just fine ... but understanding how it works take time :-)
It's pretty simple if you understand the basic thing ... you need to move the invisible object and it isn't moving using zoom.

There isn't button for moving the object forward/backward so you need to change the angle of the camer to one side, go to left/right and change the angle back to front.
Now you can use the zooming.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 02:24:51 PM »
I got it!

Your explanation is just fine ... but understanding how it works take time :-)
It's pretty simple if you understand the basic thing ... you need to move the invisible object and it isn't moving using zoom.

There isn't button for moving the object forward/backward so you need to change the angle of the camer to one side, go to left/right and change the angle back to front.
Now you can use the zooming.

Exactly. :)  Sorry, I know it's complicated, but once you get used to it you can get some really good angles.

wow

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 08:27:07 AM »
Me too find it to difficult to use the camera, sometimes it (auto)centers on places i didn't ask for. Would be happy with a more friendly way to get a good view.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 10:42:31 AM »
Me too find it to difficult to use the camera, sometimes it (auto)centers on places i didn't ask for. Would be happy with a more friendly way to get a good view.

When you choose a pose the camera will auto-center on the most relevant point for that pose.  You can use the little target icons on the sidebar to toggle through the target positions (head, breasts, genitals).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk