April 19, 2024, 01:41:08 AM

Author Topic: changing guy's pubic hair  (Read 14727 times)

darius12

• Nadine Jansen is hot.
    • View Profile
    • Christopher Cole's AIF
changing guy's pubic hair
« on: March 19, 2012, 01:15:52 PM »
Is there any way to change Alec's pubic hair color? Or to remove it completely? I've been playing around the with XML file but no luck.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
Re: changing guy's pubic hair
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 01:22:27 PM »
No real easy way yet, sorry!  I'll try to get something in soon.  I keep meaning to work more with the guys but the girls end up being priority most of the time.  Soon, soon, I promise.

darius12

• Nadine Jansen is hot.
    • View Profile
    • Christopher Cole's AIF
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 01:27:38 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply!

slayerx

• This Game is amazing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 08:32:51 PM »
Hey Jak

I know the Girls take more of your time, But the 4 guys are getting old, which means, people will tend to fall away, Us die hards, that are having fun making things for this sim we can wait, But the 4 guys are getting old.

But I understand that you are the creator, and what you have come up with is wicked fun! So just venting

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 01:13:54 AM »
Hey Jak

I know the Girls take more of your time, But the 4 guys are getting old, which means, people will tend to fall away, Us die hards, that are having fun making things for this sim we can wait, But the 4 guys are getting old.

But I understand that you are the creator, and what you have come up with is wicked fun! So just venting

The guys are the worst selling items I have available, out of all of them.  No one really ever asks for more, either.  There seems to be very little interest in new guy characters, which is why I release them far less often than females.  Once I get some other things out of the way I'll concentrate on them more but for now there are so many other things that people are actively asking for, I have to put my efforts where they appear most needed.

TempestKilday

• Sex is the reason we're even in this screwed up wo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 11:42:47 PM »
That makes sense Jak. If possible though, I think maybe releasing the UVW and maybe textures like you did for the girls, could be a way to allow us to create and upload more guys, thus taking some stress off you. It's a thought and totally your's to decide. Again just my 2 cents,
-Temp

slayerx

• This Game is amazing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 05:13:49 PM »
I Ditto Temps Idea, If we had the maps and the textures then I could make guys I want to make. But I know your busy, just ranting over here in my space HAHA

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 07:54:08 AM »
I Ditto Temps Idea, If we had the maps and the textures then I could make guys I want to make. But I know your busy, just ranting over here in my space HAHA

The guys' textures were done a different way than the girls' so I'll need to figure out a way to make it easy enough for people to work with them.  My goal is to get guy editing into the Character Editor, and I've actually been working towards that while working on the next update.  I'll definitely put out guy textures once it's possible to do something with them.

slayerx

• This Game is amazing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 07:06:34 PM »
Thanks Jak, Thats all we can ask for. Keep up the hard work, and remember I have money I want to spend, but I need new content.....Patient is not I HAHA just giving you crap

Isla

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 07:33:19 PM »
Although not a solution of more guys, if you want a little variety try this:

First take a look at ALEX's or JETT's xml file, and then look at Ricardo's file.... compare them noting the lines regarding name of the body texture.

If you edit the xml file for Alex/Jett and change/replace a couple lines with Recardo's name... you end up with the body texture & skin color of Ricardo, including his tattoos... but will keep Alex's/Jett's face and hair. ---  I can upload my XML file later if wanted, but I'm on a different PC now and don't have access to the file. It was pretty easy to do so you should have no trouble to figure it out. It does add a little variety to the game.

Note: Any official game update will wipe any edit of your XML file so make a backup of a successful edited guy. 

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 07:36:35 PM »
Note: Any official game update will wipe any edit of your XML file so make a backup of a successful edited guy.

If you put your edited character XML files into the user_created section folders (where other user created characters go) then they won't be wiped.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk