March 18, 2024, 11:42:40 PM

Author Topic: New place for characters - Please Read!  (Read 22970 times)

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
New place for characters - Please Read!
« on: February 26, 2012, 06:59:18 PM »
I've just finalized the latest addition to the Sex Sim web site, and now user creations can be seen in the regular add-ons shop instead of here in the forum.  User Created Characters can be seen here.

If you are a character creator please consider submitting your characters to the new section.  It works the same way as before if you're using the Character Editor, but now instead of giving you code to place in the forum, when you click "Share Character" in the Editor (after packing it) it will open the new submission form on the site.

I look forward to seeing all of your awesome characters soon.

Isla

• View Profile
Re: New place for characters - Please Read!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 09:20:17 PM »
Thanks, what a nice surprise and cool idea, been meaning to add a new char so will be cool to check it out.  ^-^

Just uploaded my first new girl "Natalia" since the change. It worked very smooth, however I put in the wrong screenshot by mistake (of the additional 5 it let's you upload). When modifying it later it lets you delete a screenshot but you cannot add a new one in it's place, except for the main photo. NP but now there are 4 additional shots instead which is ok, but next time I'll have them prepared ahead of time. Good job on the change though.

wolf007

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 02:09:54 PM »

Will characters posted the new way be automatically named with our Sex Sim username or do we have the option to use our forum username (or another even) instead? I have a separate username for the two accounts and would rather not have my account name displayed. Bleh! I should have just made both usernames the same...

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 02:33:05 PM »

Will characters posted the new way be automatically named with our Sex Sim username or do we have the option to use our forum username (or another even) instead? I have a separate username for the two accounts and would rather not have my account name displayed. Bleh! I should have just made both usernames the same...

There's a box in your creator account that allows you to choose any name you wish as your "creator name".  Log into your regular Sex Sim account on the site, then look for the "My Creations" section, and click the button that says "My Settings", and you'll see it.

Elanis

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 09:58:41 PM »
ok i gotta be doing something wrong when i try to download a usercreated character from the website. I click the download button and it come up as a php file. don't know what to do. just confused.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 12:13:27 AM »
ok i gotta be doing something wrong when i try to download a usercreated character from the website. I click the download button and it come up as a php file. don't know what to do. just confused.

Which character?  Or is it all of them?

Elanis

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 11:47:29 AM »
well i haven't tried all but everyone i've tried i get the same results. download file comes up as this: downloadfile.php

and it's only on usercreated girls i can download and recieve the one from the shop itself. Just purchased Ulani to double check.

Isla

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 03:28:40 PM »
well i haven't tried all but everyone i've tried i get the same results. download file comes up as this: downloadfile.php

and it's only on usercreated girls i can download and recieve the one from the shop itself. Just purchased Ulani to double check.

Might be browser setting, or security setting blocking the ZIP file from popping up. You might try a different browser such as Firefox. thinking a browser setting could then be ruled out....seems an odd thing.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 05:36:40 PM »
Yes, sorry I've been so busy over the last few days and haven't had a chance to get back to this thread.  Trying a different browser should help.  If not please let me know.  It's difficult to find anything in Google related to this issue as it contains keywords that are so common to other issues, so any help anyone else can offer please chime in.

Elanis

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 05:03:00 AM »
Yes using a different browser solved the problem. Thank you. It's always the simplest things you overlook.

TempestKilday

• Sex is the reason we're even in this screwed up wo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 08:33:42 PM »
I swear it looks so much more official uploading characters to the site instead of in a post. It's been a few days since I uploaded and it's so easy to check the stats on your items. kudos on making that section available to the forum community, it might promote more stuff to be uploaded and perhaps a surge in membership. I think it's great that you made the tools also available along with texture resources and uv maps.

Kathulu

• Curo Unum, Curo Omnes
    • View Profile
    • The Controlled Mind
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 03:35:53 AM »
I have added two new characters hope they go over well. I did see my first one was downloaded 8)
八个方向从中心

theevilone

• -
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »
Just a heads up to uploaders:

When you place new characters into the site site of things and not the forums, make sure you check the comments routinely, with the 'Dark Elf' character, there were NUMEROUS posts on the user created content page about the corrupted ZIP, but it was only me posting on the forums on the thread that the creator posted on the forums as well which got the ZIP fixed.

Not to be critical, because I'm glad to have the characters posted on the site and not in the forums :P
The Evil One

50+ ADD-ONS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk