March 28, 2024, 05:08:12 PM

Author Topic: BumpMaps  (Read 10231 times)

oyokuva

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
BumpMaps
« on: February 24, 2012, 09:12:28 AM »
Hi everyone , is there a default bump map library , or sample ? How do I add a bump map to outfits and stockings ?

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
Re: BumpMaps
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 09:16:44 AM »
Here's the thread about how to make clothing: http://www.sexsim.com/forum/index.php/topic,66.0.html

Clothing doesn't currently have bump maps.

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
  • what does this button do? <fx:ka-boom>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 12:52:35 PM »
Clothing doesn't currently have bump maps.

That sparks a thought for possible feature that stops short of full-on bump maps: any chance we can get something like the "shine" attribute (in the shoes xml files) added to other clothing items? 
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 01:50:05 PM »
Yeah I definitely would like to work on that.  I had to write a custom shader for the clothing (double sided, soft, with soft transparency, etc.) and it's difficult to get bump mapping or shininess into that, but I won't give up trying. :)

CapnKlutz

• Tester
  • Secret life of a Superhero ;0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 11:36:09 PM »
Not wishing to put a dampener on your enthusiam for this, Jak, but as regards clothing; I think a much more pressing need is for more varied 'real world' clothing models.  ;)

If we had these I am sure more talented people than myself would be able to make good use of them.  :eyebrows:

Cap'n.  8)
Sanity is in the eye of the beholder.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 11:46:08 PM »
Not wishing to put a dampener on your enthusiam for this, Jak, but as regards clothing; I think a much more pressing need is for more varied 'real world' clothing models.  ;)

If we had these I am sure more talented people than myself would be able to make good use of them.  :eyebrows:

Cap'n.  8)

Already with you there, Cap'n, and getting something like that in some day is higher priority than adding bump maps, etc. to the existing clothing method.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk