March 28, 2024, 01:22:44 AM

Author Topic: Pronzilla's People Permutor v0.9.1 - little changes, big boobs  (Read 29614 times)

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
  • what does this button do? <fx:ka-boom>
    • View Profile
Pronzilla's People Permutor v0.9.1 - little changes, big boobs
« on: January 04, 2012, 02:34:01 PM »
Pronzilla's People Permutor v0.9.1

This version is obsolete, look for a newer one elsewhere in this board...

lots of little changes (and some really big boobs)
Now! with added "look before you clip"!

Changes in v0.9.1:
  • Don't try to make icons from stuff that isn't there (that gets crashy).  Thanks ed583 for the bug report that lead me to it!

Changes in v0.9:
  • added two more boob morphing options (huge and supersize) for those who like 'em really big
  • add interface to control which teeth textures get used
  • add thumbnails to various texture selectors:
    • named hair colours that come with the hair styler add-on
    • all custom textures (I mostly can't get at the built-in textures, sorry)
  • include some basic boob size info in the "manage ladies" info pane
  • morphing tweaks:
    • tweaked the way boob asymmetry works, so it's a little bit more likely to happen, and a little bit less subtle (but still fairly subtle)
    • changed the way lip sizes are generated to give a little more variety
    • minor tweaks to body 2 face morph limits

What is it?
Pronzilla's People Permutor is a totally, utterly, UNOFFICIAL, Java-based utility for Ripened Peach's SexSim. 

PPP creates random girls (only, for now) by mixing up the girls you have installed (body texture from one, hair from another, eyes from yet another, and so on).  It can also change the body proportions a bit.

It creates 10 files in /Sex Sim/Runtime/user_created/characters, named f-ppp_0.xml to f-ppp_9.xml, containing random girl definitions.  So, the next time you start up SS, you'll see 10 extra girls named "ppp 0" to "ppp 9".  I'm sure you can figure things out from there.

PLEASE NOTE:                                                         
PPP WILL OVERWRITE ANY EXISTING XML FILES NAMED f-ppp_(x).xml

IF YOU HAVE VERSIONS OF THOSE FILES YOU WANT TO KEEP (SUCH AS OUTPUT FROM PREVIOUS RUNS) RENAME THEM USING THE "MANAGE LADIES" UTILITY BEFORE PERMUTING AGAIN, OR THEY WILL GET WIPED.

How do I install it?

First, you're going to need to install a Java runtime from http://www.java.com/

Once you have that installed, just create a directory somewhere on your system and put the ppp.jar file in it.  Anywhere on the system will do, but the closer it is to your SexSim directory, the less work it will have to do when you first run it (see below)   

Double-click the ppp.jar file to run it. 

Note for Windows 7/Vista people

Sexsim keeps its "user_created" data in its program directory.  If you installed sexsim in the "program files" directory, and you run as a "normal" (non-admin) user, that means that PPP won't be able to write directly to those directories, because Windows protects them from editing to avoid things getting accidentally trashed.   

There are two ways to work around this:
  • PPP will detect that it's being blocked.  It will then write the files elsewhere instead, and you can manually copy the files into place.  (ppp will tell you where to copy them to/from).
  • I am told (but have not tested myself) that if you put PPP actually in the sexsim directory, things will work (This tricks windows into thinking ppp is part of sexsim, and cuts it some slack)

What does it do?

The first time you run it, it'll go hunting across your system for your copy of SexSim, and record that location in a ppp.properties file next to the ppp.jar, ready for next time.  This bit might take a little while (maybe a few minutes at worst) but it only happens once.

Once it's found Sex Sim, it'll scan the Sex Sim directory to see what it's got to play with.

Finally, once it's ready to go, it'll let you play with the options, and then generate the custom xml character files. 

Along the way, it will also spit out a ppp.log file in the same directory as the .jar file.  You probably don't care about that - it's just a slightly-more-detailed record of what gets shown in the log window.

Things I'd like to add someday

(disclaimer: inclusion in this list doesn't guarantee I'm ever going to actually add a feature, just that I'm thinking about doing it some day)

• permuting/morphing males (this may take a while, and I'll probably won't start until jak gives the xml/texture file details)
  • internationalization (this will also take a while)
  • support for all the new morphing stuff in the forthcoming SexSim update

Any requests?
If there's anything you'd like that's not in the above list, feel free to suggest/ask about it here.  No promises, but I'll see what I can do...

The files
ppp.jar is the program itself.
history.txt is just a list of what got added in what version, including bug fix descriptions.  probably very dull, but included for completeness.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:42:13 PM by pronzilla »
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

needluvn

• Shotgun Nun
    • View Profile
Re: Pronzilla's People Permutor v0.9 - little changes, big boobs
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 03:35:53 PM »
Thanks Pronzie! \m/

\n/

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 03:44:08 PM »
Awesome, this sounds great as always.  I can't wait to give it a spin.

CapnKlutz

• Tester
  • Secret life of a Superhero ;0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 03:47:25 PM »
Thanks for the update! ( Need a thumbs up smiley here ;)  :eyebrows: )

Cap'n.  8)
Sanity is in the eye of the beholder.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 05:48:26 PM »

Cap'n.  8)

Added.  :thumbsup:

needluvn

• Shotgun Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 05:24:21 AM »

Cap'n.  8)

Added.  :thumbsup:

Oh you're good.  8)
\n/

CapnKlutz

• Tester
  • Secret life of a Superhero ;0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 09:16:07 AM »
Make that 'very good!'  :thumbsup:

Cap'n.  8)
Sanity is in the eye of the beholder.

booblover

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 09:16:24 AM »
Thanks again for a brilliant bit of software, really appreciate it.. ;D

Ed583

• I Make Girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 05:19:10 PM »
Hi,

I started using Sex Sim recently (btw, this is my first post) and decided to try out the permutator. However, for some reason the program won't start; instead I get the following error:

"Could not find the main class C:\Program Files(x86)\Sex Sim\ppp.jar. Program will exit."

I'm running Windows 7 as admin and just in case I installed the latest version of the JRE. I placed the ppp.jar within the Sex Sim folder, but I also tried other locations with the same effect. I also made sure that the .jar extension is associated with javaw.exe.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 02:47:09 PM »
OK.  Two things to check.

Option 1: the jar file is corrupted somehow.  Kinda tricky to check for certain, since md5 hashes and suchlike are a bit beyond my ken.  Simple check: what's the file size? (right click the jar file in explorer->properties) "Size" should be 171,835 bytes.  If it ain't, it's knackered, try re-downloading.

Option 2: the file association isn't quite correct somehow. 
  • Open a command prompt (start button, type "cmd" in the search box, choose "cmd.exe"). 
  • Check 1: type java.  You should get a bunch of spew saying what version of java you've got installed, followed by a rough guide to the multitudinous command line options.  If not, your java install probably isn't a happy bunny.
  • Get to the directory where you have ppp.jar (cd "\Program Files(x86)\Sex Sim")
  • Check 2: type java -jar ppp.jar  This should launch ppp.  (Not as convenient as clicking, but it should be more reliable...).  If it does launch, that implies that the file association is messed up somehow.  If not, please tell me what it does do
If your java install is messed up, or the file association is messed up, I'd say your best bet is to uninstall java, check that the file association for jar files is removed (and remove it manually if it's not) then re-install java.  That should hopefully sort out the file association properly.

Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

Ed583

• I Make Girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 08:06:05 PM »
Thanks Pronzilla,

I checked your option 1 and the file size is correct. As for option 2, when I run the command I only see the permutator's splash image and then I get the following output:

Jan 13, 2012 11:53:56 PM com.sexsim.ppp.Config$InitWorker createProperties
INFO: looking for Sex Sim...
Jan 13, 2012 11:53:56 PM com.sexsim.ppp.utils.Finder findSS
INFO: found it at C:\Program Files (x86)\Sex Sim

Jan 13, 2012 11:53:56 PM com.sexsim.ppp.Config$InitWorker checkWriteAccess
INFO: testing write access to [C:\Program Files (x86)\Sex Sim\Runtime\user_creat
ed\characters]
Jan 13, 2012 11:53:56 PM com.sexsim.ppp.Config$InitWorker checkWriteAccess
INFO: write access to [C:\Program Files (x86)\Sex Sim\Runtime\user_created\chara
cters] successful
Jan 13, 2012 11:53:56 PM com.sexsim.ppp.Config setProperties
INFO: SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-1: config setting props
Jan 13, 2012 11:53:56 PM com.sexsim.ppp.writer.params.builders.FemaleParamsBuild
er initPubicHairStyles
INFO: pubic hair addon found
Jan 13, 2012 11:53:56 PM com.sexsim.ppp.writer.params.builders.FemaleParamsBuild
er initBasicBodies
INFO: adding basic bodies...
er readFemaleXmlFiles
INFO: found 13 source files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Sex Sim\Runtime\_aData\cha
racters
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Alison.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Ayumi.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Bella.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Catt.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Elissa.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Joanne.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Kendra.xml
Jan 13, 2012 11:53:57 PM com.sexsim.ppp.writer.params.builders.FemaleParamsBuild
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Layla.xml
Jan 13, 2012 11:53:57 PM com.sexsim.ppp.writer.params.builders.FemaleParamsBuild
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Robyn.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Samantha.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Tiffany.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Ulani.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Vanessa.xml
er readFemaleXmlFiles
INFO: found 31 source files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Sex Sim\Runtime\user_creat
ed\characters
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Angel.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-angelina.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-asha.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Ashira.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Avatar.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Berlinda.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Farrah.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Gem.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Geselle.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Giselle.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Gretchen.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Jada-Fire.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Kate.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Kimnai.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Lesly.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Liz.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-manu.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Mary_Ann.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Mei_Ling.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Mel.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Pia.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-priya.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-pronzilla-carly.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-pronzilla-carmen.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-pronzilla-red.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Quorra.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Sab.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Sinead.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Tess.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Vamp.xml
er readFemaleFile
INFO: reading f-Veronica.xml
er initBasicEyelashes
INFO: adding basic eyelashes...
er initBasicEyes
INFO: adding basic eyes...
er buildParams
INFO: init complete

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.awt.image.RasterFormatException: (x
+ width) is outside raster
        at sun.awt.image.IntegerInterleavedRaster.createWritableChild(Unknown So
urce)
        at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.getSubimage(Unknown Source)
        at com.sexsim.ppp.utils.ImageUtils.getScaledImageIcon(ImageUtils.java:83
)
        at com.sexsim.ppp.writer.base.AbstractCheckBoxIcon.getIcon(AbstractCheck
BoxIcon.java:26)
        at com.sexsim.ppp.ui.widgets.CustomCheckBox.<init>(CustomCheckBox.java:3
6)
        at com.sexsim.ppp.ui.panels.CheckBoxPanel.<init>(CheckBoxPanel.java:47)
        at com.sexsim.ppp.ui.panels.CheckBoxPanel.<init>(CheckBoxPanel.java:30)
        at com.sexsim.ppp.ui.panels.FemalePanel.<init>(FemalePanel.java:37)
        at com.sexsim.ppp.ui.MainWindow.<init>(MainWindow.java:26)
        at com.sexsim.ppp.Main$1.run(Main.java:33)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I also uninstalled and re-installed java several times without any change in the result. I also downloaded a new copy of the ppp.jar file. Thanks for any help.

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 08:02:07 AM »
Actually, all that spew means we're going in the right direction.  Your earlier error meant that Java was failing to find the execution entry point to PPP at all.  This stuff means that PPP is starting, but then failing to launch properly.  Probably means I goofed somewhere - I'll investigate based on that output.  Two more questions:

Firstly, if you look in the same directory as the jar file, you should see a "ppp.log" file.  Could you PM me that file, please?  I don't know if it'll tell me more than the error spew above, but it's worth a go...

Secondly, what happens now if you try to launch it the simple way (like you were at first)?  Does it still give the "Could not find the main class" error?

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 09:24:33 AM »
PPP is starting, but then failing to launch properly.  Probably means I goofed somewhere - I'll investigate based on that output.

Got it.  I think you have some broken/incomplete/otherwise "funny" custom body textures installed.  PPP should definitely NOT explode when it hits that sort of thing, but it looks like it currently does.

I'll try to get a new version out, with a fix, in the next couple of days or so.  (usual disclaimer: an effect similar to valve time applies)

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
    • View Profile
Re: Pronzilla's People Permutor v0.9.1 - little changes, big boobs
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 01:34:28 PM »
OK, new version already here - I updated the original post at the top of this thread with the new jar.  Thanks for persevering, useful bug reports are always good.

(Valve time *very occasionally* works both ways)

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
Re: Pronzilla's People Permutor v0.9.1 - little changes, big boobs
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 05:24:23 PM »
(Valve time *very occasionally* works both ways)

:needcoffee:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk