March 29, 2024, 06:01:57 AM

Author Topic: My thought  (Read 11298 times)

ak3566

• Tester
  • I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
My thought
« on: January 03, 2012, 06:22:55 AM »
It occurs to me that it would be tough to incorporate everyone's wishes. Everyone has their own tastes afterall and they can vary greatly even in their detail. It might be better to have it so that the users can make their own men, ladies, (or a set of complementary men and ladies), animations, clothes (for both men and ladies), and locations. Perhaps have a core set for each.

Core men set:
  • The current selection is good or expand to one of each race/ethnicity.
Core ladies set:
  • The current selection is good or expand to one of each race/ethnicity.
Core clothes set:
  • The current selection is good, but add options for hats, skirts/dresses, pulled shirts, pants, or whatever...so mainly be able to make more types of clothes and taking of different clothes independently (top, choker, gloves, bottoms, skirts, etc.)
Core animations set:
  • The current selection
  • foreplay or other nonpenetrative or context adding animations
  • anal
  • bdsm
  • masturbation
Core locations set:
  • A basic bedroom (just got to have this, obviously)
  • The currrent apartment
  • A basic office
  • The current beach, maybe add a daytime option
Core features set:
  • current features
  • posing; solo, as a couple, as a group
  • sequencer
[/li][/list]

Any other ideas for the core set?
I know even just the core set must seem like daunting work for Jak.   :o  I hope not too much! I believe in you!  ;)
I think it is the best direction to go.   8)[/list]

woolfe99

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Re: My thought
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 08:11:22 AM »
I would add solo posing and masturbation to animations.  Otherwise, I think you've covered all the "basics."

ak3566

• Tester
  • I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 10:47:15 AM »
Thanks! I added them and a little more!

NMM

• Tester
  • Storytime!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 11:51:21 AM »
Hmm, I don't think this takes into account the business model for Sex Sim.

Currently it works with you getting the very basic package for free, and add on each of the animation packs and customiser options by buying them. I think Jak's been very generous with this model, and with the amount of customisation possible, as if people are making their own content for the game they're not buying the stuff he's made.
I think with your model it would be much too easy for people to just download the free version, maybe buy the modifier addons, then make whatever they wanted for free, cutting Jak out of the loop so he earns much less for all his hard work.

Just as it is, you get to buy the things that interest you, and pay for what you're going to use, and I think it works very well, especially as it's just one guy making all this high-quality stuff! I know we all have lists of stuff we'd like to see added, but unless you want to donate a huge sum to help Jak hire people and start a proper studio, I think we'll just have to wait for him to finish new and exciting additions to the Sim in his own time!

Also, to Jak, thanks again for adopting this free-to-play-paid-addons setup for Sex Sim, it's so much more user-friendly and neat than the average premium erotica's 'give us your credit card info now have a half-baked and poorly-supported "finished" product', I hope it's working well for you running it!

glazzman

• Tester
  • I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 01:04:57 PM »

Currently it works with you getting the very basic package for free, and add on each of the animation packs and customiser options by buying them. I think Jak's been very generous with this model, and with the amount of customisation possible, as if people are making their own content for the game they're not buying the stuff he's made.
I think with your model it would be much too easy for people to just download the free version, maybe buy the modifier addons, then make whatever they wanted for free, cutting Jak out of the loop so he earns much less for all his hard work.

Just as it is, you get to buy the things that interest you, and pay for what you're going to use, and I think it works very well, especially as it's just one guy making all this high-quality stuff! I know we all have lists of stuff we'd like to see added, but unless you want to donate a huge sum to help Jak hire people and start a proper studio, I think we'll just have to wait for him to finish new and exciting additions to the Sim in his own time!

Also, to Jak, thanks again for adopting this free-to-play-paid-addons setup for Sex Sim, it's so much more user-friendly and neat than the average premium erotica's 'give us your credit card info now have a half-baked and poorly-supported "finished" product', I hope it's working well for you running it!

I agree whole heartedly with this. Selling additions that appeal to different styles of tastes is a fantastic way of organizing the site.  Buy what you like to have the options you like to play with.  If you are financially pulling this off, Jak, you're a clever guy.
Joy is at Hand

ak3566

• Tester
  • I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 03:23:38 PM »

In no way did I mean to be ungrateful!
You are right, it does not agree with the business model.  :-\

I really like the idea of user created content. Not to rip off Jak and his wife, but for incorporating users' wishes, creativity, and the community building it leads to. Lately, I too have been wondering about the profitability. The main software, 3DS Max, itself costs ~3500$. Then add in all the labor, opportunity cost of working elsewhere (though I can tell Jak and his wife had a passion for this project ;) ), etc.... Jak and his wife have done a wonderful job with this. Sex Sim deerves to shine! It is way more user-friendly than 3D SexVilla 2, etc.. They may have way more variety, but I just abhorred thriXXX's interface. And I could practically do nothing with it!

CapnKlutz

• Tester
  • Secret life of a Superhero ;0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 03:41:50 PM »
Yes, I can appreciate where you are coming from.  I can see the structure you visualise and it is a good target.

As NMM says, Jak has to get income for his efforts & these bespoke items are potentially a good way of doing it.
I have no issue with Jak's plug-in based units at all. It is good for the customer & the developer.

Work on it has to be prioritised & IMO adding levels of functionality is a good way to do this.
It encourages the growing community to put more effort into uploads, which adds to the appeal & grows the community & potential customer base.

Cap'n.  8)

Sanity is in the eye of the beholder.

woolfe99

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 05:48:28 PM »
I had assumed the OP was referring to features that he considered "core" features for any sex sim, and was suggesting that these be prioritized for development.  If that is the assumption, then I agree.  However, clearly these additions need to be in the form of paid add-ons.  There has to be revenues incoming or there are no resources for future development.

hangoverbro

• Tester
  • ...then I took an arrow in the knee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 11:08:45 PM »
I may be trolling slightly but..

Jak has more than met my expectations.. He recently nearly gave away a shit-ton of add-ons for Black Friday..

I can see where those of you that had missed that opportunity may feel a little shafted, but I think that given the amount of thought Jak puts in that the add-ons are fairly priced.. also the half off hookups everyday...

again, trolling a bit, but you gotta admit that Jak does a lot for us.. I would love new content just as much as the next person but this project is amazing... especially when you consider the new stuff that will presumably be free in the next update..  :)

ak3566

• Tester
  • I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 05:41:46 AM »
I agree, Jak and his wife did a lot and well!   :o

It could also be that features like the view controller, poser, sequencer, the ability to make custom animations and locations be available through paid addons. Also, I notice that the clothes and ladies that are builtin or available from the addons shop are of superb quality. Providing locations, characters, clothes, and animations in such reliable quality via paid addons is totally reasonable too. Few can or are talented in making these. So you can have the user created ones, and the professional ones too. :)

Also, another idea for paid addon could be improved dialogue/voice acting/give the characters their own voices (this really adds to their personality), an text-to-speech engine to even the ability to add your own. I am painfully aware of just how difficult it is to both find one and develop one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk