May 08, 2024, 12:05:25 PM

Author Topic: Re: Clothing layers...  (Read 19752 times)

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
Re: Clothing layers...
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 02:59:49 AM »
Don't be afraid to let it develop in an area you hadn't perhaps considered before.  ;)

Cap'n.  8)

Oh I've considered it plenty, believe me.  It's the whole reason Sex Sim is designed how it is, to allow user content creation.  That was my plan from the get-go.

Really though, when you guys come in and say Sex Sim will be "complete" once new clothes meshes are added, or that it's not competitive without new clothes meshes, or that without new clothing meshes the sim lacks "basic functionality" that I feel the need to come a little bit to my own defense. 

There are a thousand things that different people want that they would feel would make the sim "complete", including more animations, rough sex, threesomes, more sound effects, voices, masturbation, dildo play, coprophilia, anal sex, gay sex, foursomes, eightsomes, donkey sex, wet and messy, lactation, pregnant sex, and so on and so on.... none of which would make it "complete" for the people who want something else.  It will never be complete, it will always and forever be a work in progress.

The next biggest sex sim type thing out there is obviously Sex Villa, and I think it's an amazing program with a ton of features.  It's also been around for around ten years now compared to our 1.5 years, and they have a decent sized team of people working on it.  Considering it's just my wife and myself that made this and not a whole team, and now just me that works on it, it greatly affects how, what, and when things can get done.

Anyway, again, thanks for your thoughts!

CapnKlutz

• Tester
  • Secret life of a Superhero ;0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 03:14:32 AM »
Neither of us said or inferred it was going to be 'complete' just when we get what we are asking for.
We were only saying it was part of the basic foundation to build on.
Of course there are other people pulling it different ways, and that in itself is good that interest is shown.

There was never any intent to belittle what you have acheived thus far.  :)

Cap'n.  8)
Sanity is in the eye of the beholder.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 09:48:31 AM »
Neither of us said or inferred it was going to be 'complete' just when we get what we are asking for.
We were only saying it was part of the basic foundation to build on.
Of course there are other people pulling it different ways, and that in itself is good that interest is shown.

There was never any intent to belittle what you have acheived thus far.  :)

Cap'n.  8)

I know, Captain, thanks for that.  I've been in "super-coder" mode for about a week now, about 14 hours a day trying to get this new update out, and when I go into that zone it tends to make me a little more intense with my posting thoughts.  Clothing meshes are on the to-do-list and I'll try to get some things in along those lines as soon as possible.

CapnKlutz

• Tester
  • Secret life of a Superhero ;0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 10:09:03 AM »
Righto, Jak.  ;D

I'm really looking forward to see what you come up with.

Cap'n.  8)
Sanity is in the eye of the beholder.

woolfe99

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 11:39:58 AM »
Just to be clear, I really like this sim, or I wouldn't be posting these suggestions.  In fact, I think you've done an amazing job for only having a development staff of two.  In some ways, this sim is actually better than SV2, which is quite a statement considering it has, as you say, been around for almost 10 years.  SV2 has tons of content, but the engine is getting to be long in the tooth, and their next generation seems as though it's been indefinitely delayed.  I'd be surprised if we see it before 2014. 

Anyway, my apologies if I come across as pushy.  It's probably because I like what I see so far, and it leads me to think that you can produce more high quality content in the future.  That said, I sympathize with having a million things you want to accomplish and limited resources and only so many hours in the day.  I am not a coder but I have many friends who are, and this often seems to be the situation they are in.  Yet they are a creative lot and usually they find a way to muddle through.  Sometimes they surprise themselves. 

Anyway, I look forward to whatever the future holds for this sim and whenever it happens, is when it happens. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk