March 28, 2024, 09:06:25 AM

Author Topic: Sex Sim 2  (Read 11398 times)

goodtime

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Sex Sim 2
« on: August 12, 2019, 03:54:43 PM »
I saw the announcement that there will be a Sex Sim 2 and was surprised and intrigued. I don’t know how far along you guys are in developing it, but I have some questions:

Will the add-ons we already have (such as positions, camera angles, hair changer and other features) carry over to Sex Sim 2 in the form of equivalent features? As for characters and locations, it seems more understandable if they’re all new. Also, I was wondering if there will be a new character editor for customizing the models and things like that...

It was very interesting to see the new feature of being able to make the characters walk around and also being able to customize the environment...

I am looking forward to seeing more of Sex Sim 2. Thanks for making it happen  :)

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
Re: Sex Sim 2
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 04:32:37 PM »
I saw the announcement that there will be a Sex Sim 2 and was surprised and intrigued. I don’t know how far along you guys are in developing it...
We're super close to release! Just really finishing up a bunch of little things that need fixing/finessing, and we hope to be done within the month (barring any unforeseen problems, which is always a danger in game dev)

Will the add-ons we already have (such as positions, camera angles, hair changer and other features) carry over to Sex Sim 2 in the form of equivalent features? As for characters and locations, it seems more understandable if they’re all new. Also, I was wondering if there will be a new character editor for customizing the models and things like that...
Sex Sim 2 is totally new from the ground up so there are some features that are carried over, some that aren't, and some that are completely new to Sex Sim.

Positions are all new, so old ones won't work, because the character system is also all new. The new positions are more dynamic and physically active than the originals, and we're really happy with them. Viv, the animator for the originals, is the animator on the new ones, so her style and flair for sexiness definitely carried over.

There will be a character editor, and it's currently being worked on. In the mean time, if people want to mess around with character changes, the new system is based on the old one, where character details are stored in easy to edit XML files, so the more adventurous creators out there can mess around with that before the official editor is out. If like the Sex Sim Character Editor, and you've seen rhe character editor we made for our game Future Love Space Machine, you can see that we really love making character editors, so the Sex Sim 2 one should be pretty awesome. :)

The camera system is new and will allow for lots of different angles.

Hair changer will be coming along down the road in the form of a hair designer tool. That's the idea with that one, at lease, because that tool is only in the very early stages. The plan is so that people can make their own hair styles to use and share. So that will of course have hair changing.

So yes, everything is new, and we also tried to maintain the spirit of the original, so it's a nice mix.

It was very interesting to see the new feature of being able to make the characters walk around and also being able to customize the environment...
Excellent, yes, I'm glad you like that! The environment editor will be available at release, so people can start using that right away and sharing their environments. It'll be super fun to see what you all come up with. And with characters walking around and doing things, there's room for a lot more characterization in addition to the sex.

I am looking forward to seeing more of Sex Sim 2. Thanks for making it happen  :)
Awesome, thank you! We look forward to hearing what you think. :)

wolf007

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 05:33:10 PM »
Just wanted to chime in that I am very excited too! I totally understand that this will be a whole new engine and we will have to start over with our add-on library. Maybe there can be deals for a large add-on purchase all at once?

Anyway, just voicing my support here. I'm glad this is getting revamped and am really looking forward to the new game!

One last thing: is there an appropriate forum somewhere to list "things I'd like to see ASAP in Sex Sim 2"? I'd hate to waste forum space or your inbox.

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 01:35:57 PM »
Just wanted to chime in that I am very excited too! I totally understand that this will be a whole new engine and we will have to start over with our add-on library. Maybe there can be deals for a large add-on purchase all at once?
The new version will have less add-ons at the start than the original version, and we will be adding more and more over time. The original version only had a few at the start and it took a few years to get to the number of add-ons it has now. So there won't likely be any large add-on purchases at the beginning, but yes it might be nice to set up some kind of special deal for getting it all at once. I'll add that to the wish-list and see what we can do. :)

Anyway, just voicing my support here. I'm glad this is getting revamped and am really looking forward to the new game!

One last thing: is there an appropriate forum somewhere to list "things I'd like to see ASAP in Sex Sim 2"? I'd hate to waste forum space or your inbox.
I'll set up a section here closer to release and we're still trying to decide whether to keep all Sex Sim related discussions here on this site or set up a new forum on the SexSim2 web site. It's up in the air right now. But yes once it's out we will definitely open up the door to suggestions. This will be a long time project that we plan on working with for the next several years, so there will be plenty of room for new additions and improvements down the line.

We're also focusing heavily on user-created content just like with the original, and I've been making sure the code base keeps that in mind.

fr3dxxx

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 03:52:15 AM »
So happy to see that Sex Sim is getting a sequel.

Any chance there will be cumshots/creampies in Sex Sim 2?

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 11:17:27 AM »
So happy to see that Sex Sim is getting a sequel.

Any chance there will be cumshots/creampies in Sex Sim 2?
Yes we are working on visible cum. Using actual fluid simulation this time so it will be more organic. Not sure if it will be in the initial release since we're bursting at the seams to get it out to you all and the cum still needs some work, but it will be coming soon, for sure. :)

wolf007

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 06:39:17 PM »

Any update on progress? I can't be the only one checking sexsim2.com twice per day... ^-^ :) 8)

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 05:37:39 PM »

Any update on progress? I can't be the only one checking sexsim2.com twice per day... ^-^ :) 8)
Just wrapping things up for release right now. The final stretch with a new game always takes longer than expected, but we're super close. I'll post here soon with more info.

sonci

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 09:52:03 AM »
Excuse me, have you considered publishing SexSim2 on the Steam platform? :)

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 04:32:04 PM »
We've given it some thought, yes, but have to discuss it some more to see how that would affect the modding system, etc. There's a lot that has to be done to a game to make it ready for Steam, and since our games tend to be highly moddable it adds some extra layers of difficulty to get them ready for it. It's under consideration, though, for sure.

hydron

• Addons For this game are worth while making
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 07:16:15 PM »
Wow, I haven't been here in a while.  I have however, been checking in form time to time and was happy to see that sex sim 2 was a thing. What's more, not that far off!  This month in fact, looking forward to playing it!

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2019, 04:27:44 PM »
Wow, I haven't been here in a while.  I have however, been checking in form time to time and was happy to see that sex sim 2 was a thing. What's more, not that far off!  This month in fact, looking forward to playing it!
Nice to see you hydron :) SexSim2 is indeed on the way this month! Sitting here finishing up some final things as we speak. See you there!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk