March 28, 2024, 03:22:29 AM

Author Topic: PPP v0.6.1 - The "no witty tag-line" release, but faster  (Read 20152 times)

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
  • what does this button do? <fx:ka-boom>
    • View Profile
PPP v0.6.1 - The "no witty tag-line" release, but faster
« on: March 18, 2011, 03:34:24 PM »
Pronzilla's People Permutor v0.6.1

This version is obsolete, look for a newer one elsewhere in this board...

Changes from version 0.6:
  • tweaked the initial look-for-SexSim scan to be a bit quicker
    • like, 20 times faster on my system, which has got to be an improvement...

Changes from version 0.5:
  • now generates new-style 3d pubic hair
    • colour matches head hair (or a natural approximation for obvious dye-jobs like shauna/kendra)
  • controls for which pubic hair styles get generated
    • based on three broad groups of styles (natural, bikini-line and shaped) plus shaved
    • will only generate styles your copy of SS can show
  • added basic support for body types 5 (ayumi) and 6 (catt)
  • morphing tweaks:
    • minor tweaks to the way body and boob size morphing work
    • better facial morph ranges on body 2
    • better morph ranges on bodies 3 and 4
  • attempted bug fix for intermittent deadlock on startup

What is it?
Pronzilla's People Permutor is a totally, utterly, UNOFFICIAL, Java-based utility for Ripened Peach's SexSim. 

PPP creates random girls (only, for now) by mixing up the girls you have installed (body texture from one, hair from another, eyes from yet another, and so on).  It can also change the body proportions a bit.

It creates 10 files in /Sex Sim/Runtime/user_created/characters, named f-ppp_0.xml to f-ppp_9.xml, containing random girl definitions.  So, the next time you start up SS, you'll see 10 extra girls named "ppp 0" to "ppp 9".  I'm
sure you can figure things out from there.

PLEASE NOTE:                                                         
PPP WILL OVERWRITE ANY EXISTING XML FILES NAMED f-ppp_(x).xml

IF YOU HAVE VERSIONS OF THOSE FILES YOU WANT TO KEEP (SUCH AS OUTPUT FROM PREVIOUS RUNS) COPY THEM ELSEWHERE BEFORE RUNNING PPP AGAIN, OR THEY WILL GET WIPED.

How do I install it?

First, you're going to need to install a Java runtime from http://www.java.com/

Once you have that installed, just create a directory somewhere on your system and put the ppp.jar file in it.  Anywhere on the system will do, but the closer it is to your SexSim directory, the less work it will have to do when you first run it (see below)   

Double-click the ppp.jar file to run it. 

Note for Windows 7/Vista people

Sexsim keeps its "user_created" data in its program directory.  If you installed sexsim in the "program files" directory, and you run as a "normal" (non-admin) user, that means that PPP won't be able to write directly to those directories, because Windows protects them from editing to avoid things getting accidentally trashed.   

There are two ways to work around this:
  • PPP will detect that it's being blocked.  It will then write the files elsewhere instead, and you can manually copy the files into place.  (ppp will tell you where to copy them to/from).
  • I am told (but have not tested myself) that if you put PPP actually in the sexsim directory, things will work (This tricks windows into thinking ppp is part of sexsim, and cuts it some slack)

What does it do?

The first time you run it, it'll go hunting across your system for your copy of SexSim, and record that location in a ppp.properties file next to the ppp.jar, ready for next time.  This bit might take a little while, but it only happens
once.

Once it's found Sex Sim, it'll scan the /Sex Sim/Runtime/characters directory to see what it's got to play with.

Finally, it generates the custom xml character files. 

The whole thing (excluding finding Sex Sim on first run) should take no more than a second or two.

Along the way, it will also spit out a ppp.log file in the same directory as the .jar file.  You probably don't care about that - it's just a slightly-more-detailed record of what gets shown in the log window.

Things I'd like to add someday

(disclaimer: inclusion in this list doesn't guarantee I'm ever going to actually add a feature, just that I'm thinking about doing it some day)

• support for other new stuff added in the forthcoming update
    • e.g. hair styles, once Jak has released the add-on
  • some sort of controls for jewellery
  • permuting/morphing males (this may take a while, and I'll probably won't start until jak gives the xml/texture file details)
  • internationalization (this will also take a while)
  • support for choosing which teeth textures get used (if and when I see any teeth textures that are actually different from the basic one)

Any requests?
If there's anything you'd like that's not in the above list, feel free to post it here.  No promises, but I'll see what I can do...

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:08:24 PM by pronzilla »
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
    • View Profile
Re: PPP v0.6 - The "no witty tag-line" release
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 03:43:27 PM »
attempted bug fix for intermittent deadlock on startup

I wanted to draw a bit more attention to this bit.

While working on this version, I encountered a bug where PPP would just silently fail on start-up1.  I don't think this was a new bug, so some people might have seen it in earlier revisions.  If you did have trouble before, give this version a whirl and let me know how you get on...

1techy version: the UI creation thread deadlocked with the parameter init thread.  Nasty, in a very polite sitting-there-silently-in-the-background-doing-nothing-much kinda way.
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

Mythandariel

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 08:54:40 PM »
It still sits silently doing nothing. Just says that it's starting and stays that way until I force the process to end.

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 09:25:20 AM »
Lovely. :-[  Sounds like I missed something then.... 

Could you please try the new 0.6.1 version linked above?  If that still doesn't work, in the directory where you put the ppp.jar, there should be a ppp.log file.  Could you PM me that file, please?

Also, follow-up questions:
  • Did you have any previous versions?  Did they work?
  • How long did you give it before killing it?

The first run can potentially be very slow to get going if it has to trawl an entire large, full HD, while it tries to find sex sim. 

That's partly why I added the "loading" screen, so that there's some sign it's actually doing stuff.  Next step will be to make that loading screen a bit more talkative, so people can see if it's still doing stuff or whether it's hung...

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
    • View Profile
Re: PPP v0.6.1 - The "no witty tag-line" release, but faster
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 02:02:15 PM »
OK, no idea if this will help Mythandariel directly, but I found that the initial hunt-for-sexsim search wasn't as quick as it could be1.  I've just updated the file up thread to include a couple of tweaks wot make it go faster.

Mythandariel, could you send me the ppp.log file generated by this new version, please?  I wedged some extra logging in there while I was at it, which should help me a bit if this version doesn't fix things for you.

1It was doing a whole bunch of pointless work that it didn't need to do.  I'm awarding myself extra "DUH!" points for this one. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:36:05 AM by pronzilla »

needluvn

• Shotgun Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 03:41:08 AM »
Ever since Samantha came out, my permulater only generates 2 girls instead of 9. Does another update need to be worked on?
\n/

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 09:03:21 AM »
Ever since Samantha came out, my permulater only generates 2 girls instead of 9. Does another update need to be worked on?

This might be a stupid or obvious question but one never knows... Did you scroll down on the character select screen?  You can use your mouse wheel or the up and down arrows to the right of the window to do it.

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 02:01:12 PM »

(apologies for the delay responding, meatspace is busy for me these days)

Assuming Jak's answer didn't sort it, try running again; when you generate ladies, it should flip to a "log" tab and generate a bunch of stuff about what it's doing.  You should see stuff like:
INFO creating ppp_8
INFO wrote f-ppp_8.xml
INFO finished ppp_8

INFO creating ppp_9
INFO wrote f-ppp_9.xml
INFO finished ppp_9

Do the numbers go all the way up to 9? 

If not, there's something very wrong.  Have a look in the directory where you put the ppp.jar - there should also be a ppp.log file.  Can you PM me that file, please?

I'm getting close to a new release anyway to play with the possibilities of hair permuting for those with the hairstyler add-on, but that's probably at least a few days off yet; if there's a bug here, it'd be nice to kill it before the new version.

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 02:51:56 PM »
Actually, after a little digging, I'll make an educated guess:

It's going bang when it tries to use Samantha's hair.  Try deselecting her hairstyle in the relevant tab, and see if things work better.

This is fixed[1] in my code already, so it'll be sorted in the next release.

[1]i.e. it won't explode when it tries to use hair it doesn't recognise.  'Cause it's bad to explode every time Jak releases a new girl...

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 05:58:49 PM »
Actually, after a little digging, I'll make an educated guess:

It's going bang when it tries to use Samantha's hair.

'Cause it's bad to explode every time Jak releases a new girl...

Indeed  :order:

Is there anything I can do to help prevent this in the future?

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 12:35:54 PM »

Nope, this one was moronitude purely of my own making.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 04:26:38 PM »

Nope, this one was moronitude purely of my own making.

Haha ok well I see that you released a new version so I'll close this thread to avoid confusion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk