Sex Sim > How to make things for Sex Sim

Hints and Tips

(1/3) > >>

Jak (ripened peach):
This thread is where people can share various ideas that can help other people with their creations.  If you've got some tips that you think will be useful, share them here.

I'll start...

When you're in the main menu and a female character is selected, hit the TAB key to bring up a special view of her.  You'll end up with a screen like this:

You can move the mouse around to change the view.  Use Alt-Print Screen to take a screen shot and then in your graphic editor it's easy to remove the grey background, and then you have a nice screen shot to use for your character thumbnails, etc.

If you use the rotation buttons on the main screen under the girl you can get her head angled how you like just before hitting TAB.  Play around with it, you'll see.

A little trick you can use with this is to go to the Options menu and then hit Tab.  You will then be in the environment with the girl standing still and you can move the camera around just like in the regular game.  This lets you get good screen shots of new clothing, etc. without her moving all over the place.

So there you go.  Have fun and let's hear some tips!

marmetian:
The Alt+Print Screen does not work on my computer for some reason,But I discovered that F12 will give me a screen shot. Just in case anyone else has this problem.

NMM:
Alt-Printscreen is a Windows command, and copies the currently-selected window to the clipboard, so F12 will get you a screenshot in your screenshots folder in the Sex Sim directory, where Alt-Printscreen just copies the window and you can paste it into Photoshop or whatever, goes a little faster than digging through folders.

DaVe:
I thought I would post this video tutorial for people new to creating custom textures.  It does a really good job showing how to make realistic makeup of all kinds using GIMP. I self-taught myself long before finding this video, but it's pretty close to the techniques I currently use. Check it out if you're looking to improve your makeup-making skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M92KPCy8Vlc

A couple things worth noting:
-I also recommend using the Color Hue/Saturation tool as I find its a better way to get the exact color/shade you want than just playing with the layer settings(dodge, burn, overlay, etc). I still play around with those settings, but only after I use the Color Hue/Saturation tool first.
-If you're new to this method I recommend starting with Jak's Base Female textures from the add-ons page. The reason being is he already has everything makeup related sorted into the relevant layers you would need to correctly apply this method.(Although if i remember correctly they were made with photoshop, so if you're a GIMP user like me, then you will need to change the file extension to .xcf to get all the layers to show up in correct format.)
-In the future I am gonna start including my GIMP .xcf files I use making my models with each zip I upload to the add-ons page. This way people can just open those files and turn off the layers of tattoos, makeup, etc they dont like and resave it as a new texture that they prefer. Dont know why I didnt think of this before.
-Lastly, there are some other methods that use paths instead of the manual blending above that I know some people prefer for makeup creation. For me, I think the method shown in the video works better as it creates a more natural look. Play around with each as they both are effective...it's just a matter of personal preference.

Happy Make-up'ing!  8)

LazeeDragon:
yeah i read that somewhere about f12 instead of using the prtsc key idk for sure i used the f12 key but did not see any images i used it for hmmm am i doing anything wrong?
Happy sexsimming
~LD~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version