March 28, 2024, 05:17:18 PM

Author Topic: Audio Issues  (Read 14764 times)

Version5

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Audio Issues
« on: February 16, 2020, 08:41:56 AM »
I usually screen record and then edit the videos using audio tracks of my choice, so until now, I didn't really care too much about this, but I've been feeling a bit lazy lately so not really bothering to edit, etc.

The issue is that the in game audio cuts out fairly often.  Not sure if it's the sim or an issue with my pc.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
:)

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
Re: Audio Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 02:34:37 PM »
It's something on your PC for sure, as this has never been a reported issue before. You might want to try shutting down everything else (including virus checkers) before playing, and see if that helps. And when you say the audio is cutting out, do you mean it stutters, or it completely cuts out for periods of time?

Version5

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 03:48:06 PM »
It's something on your PC for sure, as this has never been a reported issue before. You might want to try shutting down everything else (including virus checkers) before playing, and see if that helps. And when you say the audio is cutting out, do you mean it stutters, or it completely cuts out for periods of time?

Completely shuts off, as if a mute button was pressed.  It usually comes back after a few minutes, or quite often, when the female character is cumming. Also, if I switch to a different position, it tends to come back then as well.

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 12:47:52 AM »
Stupid question, but are you sure you're not pressing the mute button?

Version5

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 05:32:03 AM »
Haha, I imagined that question being asked right after I posted my last reply.  Yes, I'm sure.  I mostly have the interface hidden while running the sim, and I would estimate about 98% or more of the times that it happens, I'm not even touching the mouse or keyboard at the time.

I suspected it might be an issue caused by the screen recorder, but I've had it happen when the recorder isn't even open

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 06:47:22 PM »
The only thing I can really think of without diving in deeper is that it's something running on your system while SexSim is running, and it's messing with the sound. Are you able to run other games (from around the time of SexSim and beyond) without any sound trouble at all?

Version5

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 08:25:32 AM »
I'm inclined to agree with you.  That being said, while I have some challenges running FLSM on my (apparently POS) laptop, when I do run it, the audio is issue-free. 

Did a reinstall on a fresh, dedicated partition and it's the same. No biggie.

It's really not a deal breaker for me.  I was more curious if it's unique to me or not, than concerned about it.

I appreciate the replies  ^-^
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 07:55:39 AM by Version5 »

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2020, 08:00:16 PM »
I'm inclined to agree with you.  That being said, while I have some challenges running FLSM on my (apparently POS) laptop, when I do run it, the audio is issue-free.  [/size]

Did a reinstall on a fresh, dedicated partition and it's the same. No biggie.

It's really not a deal breaker for me.  I was more curious if it's unique to me or not, than concerned about it.

I appreciate the replies  ^-^
Yeah it's pretty hard to troubleshoot audio issues because they can be caused by so many different things, and on lesser powered computers it can really be a problem.

Version5

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2020, 11:48:07 AM »
Not sure if this will help or not, but I noticed that it's just the characters and whatever sounds that play at the same time, that cut out.  Other ambient, location specific sounds (Garage, Kinbaku) are still audible when the cut out happens
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 07:10:30 PM by Version5 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk