March 28, 2024, 08:10:55 AM

Author Topic: Custom Character Creation Help Needed  (Read 7360 times)

Version5

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Custom Character Creation Help Needed
« on: April 12, 2020, 10:57:29 AM »

Shot in the dark here, but I don't have much else to do anyway....

If anyone is reading this that can offer anything that would help, I would be very grateful.

I've been searching online for months trying to find ways to do this, but apparently I don't know the correct terms to search or there is no help out there.

What I am trying to learn is the process involved with creating custom characters and clothing for SS that I'm not seeing in any of the tutorials in the forum.

Specifically, (and I'm going to use "for lack of a better term" kind of terms here) how to "scrunch" a face/head, body and limbs, and how to "flatten out" clothing items to properly fit the UV meshes. I've attached pics to demonstrate what I'm attempting to describe.

I'm somewhat knowledgeable with Gimp but not with much else.  I have an old version of Unity and a fairly current version of Blender but I don't use them. I might if I knew what the process is called so I could find tutorials etc,

Anyway, any help would be awesome. Thanks.

Stay Safe,
V5

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Character Creation Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 04:26:12 PM »
This tutorial for the faces: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-n5k6nE-gE

I haven't watched the whole video but it looks like that's what you're after.

As far as the clothing goes, it's basically a matter of just getting in there and manipulating it in Photoshop (or GIMP or whatever you use). It takes some time to do, for sure. Try filling the whole shape with the fabric texture you want, and then painting in details. Trying to stretch an existing image into shape will take a lot of practice and skill.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk