April 19, 2024, 09:01:08 AM

Author Topic: Late to the party  (Read 5293 times)

Version5

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Late to the party
« on: December 31, 2019, 10:45:04 AM »
Soooo, I don't suppose anyone still does anything with Sexsim any more these days. Literally just found this game a few days ago, and probably should have looked at the forum activity before dropping a handful of cash on peach points.

Sad. Although not up to the level of graphics as some of the newer and expensive subscription games, it runs great on my laptop and looks a lot better than others that I've seen.

I'm interested in learning more about modding but having trouble sifting through the massive collection of posts on how to do that) severe ADHD).

Just a thought, but if the owner(s) of SS were to maybe update it a bit, and offer users some more tools to expand the game, they might start getting a bunch of latecomers like me, coming around and spending $

Anyway, if anyone is out there, let me know that I'm not the only one here. Kinda lonely :(

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
Re: Late to the party
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 12:44:25 PM »
We're here! Thanks for being here with us. SexSim came out in 2010 and has been updated many times over the years, which is how there is so much content available for it (we're only two people working on it.) The graphics are older, admittedly, but again because it came out ten years ago, so there's that. :)

Please do note that we recently released the first build of SexSim 2, which is a full and completely new update to SexSim. It doesn't have the amount of content available simply because it's brand new, but we're currently hard at work adding new things to release soon. Do note that it will require a more recent and powerful computer to run properly.

The modding in SexSim 2 will be beyond what SexSim Classic has, and that's one of our main goals. So if you're looking to do some modding, keep on the lookout for that.

There are things in the works, but yes we're only two people and going as fast as we can! In the mean time, I hope you enjoy what there is on offer.

Version5

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Re: Late to the party
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 01:38:37 PM »
Hi Giselle, and thank you for the reply.

I've learned through browsing the forum that Sexsim is not new, but I'm enjoying it because I'm not being scammed, and it actually works well on my laptop. Also, some of the characters look really, really close to what I was looking for, and I've been working on tweaking them to get as close as possible to the living versions.

I've dropped a few bucks on this Sim so far, so I plan on using it for a while. Just a shame I had to find it so late, and with no future updates.

I tried SS2. It's not playable on my system. What I could see looked good, though.

So, another impulsive thing I did was to buy 2 of the babesoul girls, and then finding the posts about the missing hair.  I don't expect to be able to get those, as I had to idiotic ally fight my way through my anti-virus just to find them. But I have a question that you may be able to answer. I noticed that both characters are not editable with the editor. Why is that?  I copied one of the XML files and changed some things and now I can edit the copied character. Just wondering if there's an easier way.

Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk