March 28, 2024, 03:47:14 PM

Author Topic: Let's get this party started!  (Read 248891 times)

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
Re: Let's get this party started!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2019, 12:27:17 PM »
Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and weekend (if you do that sort of thing!)

I'm currently working on the next patch and have tried to squeeze even more performance out of it, so as soon as that's ready I'll put it out there. Also trying to get a Mac version ready so fingers crossed that it will be available for download soon.

Again, thank you for your comments and suggestions! I'm diving into the code and sometimes won't properly resurface for days, haha. Still here, though, just likely a lot more quiet for a bit. :)

hydron

• Addons For this game are worth while making
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2019, 04:52:44 PM »
This a really nice looking ngame!  A  wonderfully vibrant colour set and great looking characters.  It even runs reasonibly well for me on my lower end gaming laptop, it will puhs the fans a bit, but that is to be expected.  It is also neat to just walk round the environment.  Seeing what people come up with in the environment editor will be pretty cool!  Very nice work! :)

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2019, 01:09:20 PM »
The Mac release is ready to try, so please check out the new "Mac Version" thread in this section of the forum for the download links!

wolf007

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2019, 01:44:45 PM »
As I said in the other thread, nice work on the Mac release!!

Now for new topics:
I'd like to suggest putting some camera controls on the keyboard instead of just the mouse. It's much easier to rotate the camera when you can map it to the "<" and ">" keys.

Actually, I'd love to have ALL commands be mappable to the keyboard, but camera controls are a must, I'd say.

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2019, 03:00:58 PM »
I'd like to suggest putting some camera controls on the keyboard instead of just the mouse. It's much easier to rotate the camera when you can map it to the "<" and ">" keys.

Actually, I'd love to have ALL commands be mappable to the keyboard, but camera controls are a must, I'd say.
That's definitely on the to-do list! we've got a lot of stuff coming down the pike, for sure. :)

Alecdr52

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2019, 07:02:13 AM »
I have tried the test version and even with everything on low still having control issue. FLSM runs fine.

I suspect it is my video card, an 8 year old GTX 560,

Rest of system is brand new i-7 9700k, 32gb mem on gaming motherboard with 1tb ssd where the test game was installed. 

When I look at task manager on second monitor as game is loading up or I am trying to use the hold right mouse button and move the point of view during the game, Task Manager maxes out at 100% and the game  gets very choppy and I almost always over shoot my desired angle.

Any Idea how much more of a video processing card I am going to need to get it to run like the old Sex Sim one, which on all top setting looks gorgeous on this rig.

Me main game I play is 8 years old, so I did not upgrade my video card. Now there is a reason to.  Any suggestions?

Alec

Alecdr52

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2019, 09:35:48 AM »
I upgraded the video to a gtx 1660 card, and now all is smooth as can be, even on max settings. Using both the test version and the one I originally downloaded.

Just an FYI for those others having troubles. MY issue was an older video card. Not sure without the updated system (see above) if a card alone would solve it. No real way to go back and check.

Alec

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2019, 11:29:10 AM »
Excellent, thanks for the heads-up, Alecdr52. Glad you got it working. :) This game definitely requires a more recent and powerful video card than the original did (can't believe ten years has passed since SexSim 1 came out!!)

Due to the holidays we've been busy with family, etc. but we've got a full list of improvements and additions ready to be worked on starting this coming week. Lots of things in store, thanks everyone for being here!

hydron

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2020, 08:25:26 PM »
I decided to get some addons for ss2. A couple of characters, some positions, and some outfits at this time.  They all look great!  I just have one question though, Have the outfits in the set "a night out been added to the game yet?  as I bought them and they are not showing up in game. 

Anyway, There is so much potenrial fpor this games and I am glad to hear that there is much to come. One addon in particular I'm excited for is the character editor. It is always a ton of fun messing around with those :) 

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2020, 05:35:46 PM »
Hmm, I'm not sure why those wouldn't show up. That was a couple of days ago, though. Have they shown up since? If you log into your account on the site and go to the page for "A Night Out", does it show that you own it?

hydron

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2020, 10:53:13 PM »
Hi Giselle, Yeah, it shows that I bought the addon, it says got it in bright green, and if I click on it if say,s "thank you! you already own thois addon.  In game they are still not showing up.  I've bought a few addons and all but this one have shown up instantly. :)

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2020, 07:33:47 PM »
Hi Giselle, Yeah, it shows that I bought the addon, it says got it in bright green, and if I click on it if say,s "thank you! you already own thois addon.  In game they are still not showing up.  I've bought a few addons and all but this one have shown up instantly. :)
That's so weird. I just went in to double check and they do show up for me. When you look in your outfits in the game you don't have any of the items that are in that pack? Not "Stepping Out" or "Friday Night" or "Sugar Plum Fairy"? Sorry if the answer to that question is obvious. It's showing that you own them in the database, but just trying to cover all bases. Also, are you totally sure you don't have more than one account?

Could you run the program called "Support_ Output Log Viewer" (in your SexSim2 installation folder), copy the resulting text, and send it to the email address listed at the top of the program? I'll take a look and see what's up.

hydron

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2020, 10:49:13 PM »
As far as I know, I only have the one account and none of those name items are showing up fo me.  I'll send the info that you requested  for sure :)

Studmuffin1137

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2020, 04:40:14 PM »
I think it needs a lot of performance fixes I am running a 1060 which can run games in 1440p 60fps no problem games like battlefront 2 the new one with no frame hitches but this one really chugs I think you need to improve the texture streaming and performance management also add in the keyboard commands from SS1 that would also be nice you do that and I think you would have a winner. if you could also allow people to import the girls areas and dlc from the first game I think that would be a winner too. you are on the right track though

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2020, 02:39:16 PM »
I think it needs a lot of performance fixes I am running a 1060 which can run games in 1440p 60fps no problem games like battlefront 2 the new one with no frame hitches but this one really chugs I think you need to improve the texture streaming and performance management also add in the keyboard commands from SS1 that would also be nice you do that and I think you would have a winner. if you could also allow people to import the girls areas and dlc from the first game I think that would be a winner too. you are on the right track though
Thanks for your thoughts. Have you tried turning off some of the graphics options in Settings (hit ESC) while in the game. That usually helps.

Adding the SS1 keyboard commands is a good idea, so I'll put that on the list.

As far as importing things from the first game, it's virtually impossible. This game is written fresh from the ground on up, and everything is different. With that said, we've considered the possibility of creating some sort of "mid-point" converter for the old characters, which would bring them to a point where they could then be edited further for use in the new game. That's something we might add into the upcoming Character Editor. But as far as just simply loading in old add-ons, that's not really possible in this new game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk