March 29, 2024, 06:23:29 AM

Author Topic: Let's get this party started!  (Read 248935 times)

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
Let's get this party started!
« on: November 24, 2019, 07:44:38 PM »
If you've tried out the new SexSim 2, we'd love to know what you think.  :)

fr3dxxx

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's get this party started!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 10:50:11 PM »
Gave it a quick whirl:

-Physics are nice, especially the boob physics  :eyebrows:
-Character models are nice, but the women looked a bit more cartoony than the men (might just be the body hair)
-Anal is a nice addition, especially females being able to peg males with a strap-on
-Wish positions were organized like they were in SexSim 1 (Riding, Cowgirl, Doggy). It makes it a bit hard to figure out what's what initially
-Performance is a bit choppy, with a sluggish frame rate, but that might be on me for having programs running in the background.
-I also couldn't get it to launch whilst in windowed mode.
-Would be nice if the island had a house or other indoor locations, but I suppose that will come later
-Finally, is there a way to use your SS1 account with SS2? I tried but it didn't work so I made a new one.

All in all, it's a solid foundation for Sex Sim 2, and I can't wait for new content.

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 01:44:36 PM »
Thank you for your thoughts, fr3dxxx. :)

Several good suggestions in there, so we've taken note and you'll likely see some of them implemented in the updates we'll be doing.

The two user systems are distinct from one another so there's no way to tie a SexSim account into a SexSim2 account. I'll put a message about that on the sign-up/login pages so it's more clear.

As far as performance goes, this new game does require a bit more system beef than the original, and we'll be making improvements to performance as more reports to come in about it from different setups. Could you let me know what kind of system you are running? Video card, CPU, and RAM info would be great.

Thanks again!

wolf007

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 11:42:09 PM »
Hi there! Huge fan of 1 and was very excited to get 2 ASAP!

Unfortunately, my system honestly can BARELY handle loading this game, and it definitely can't handle playing it. I put it on the "LOW" graphics setting at 1600x900 and it still cannot render anyone. The environment loads alright, but the characters just appear as floating hair and eyeballs with no bodies! And the game lags and stutters so badly that I cannot effectively control anything (I tried to use the right mouse to look around, and the lag made it so that I was looking straight down or straight up and couldn't fine tune the control back to normal. Oddly enough, at first I put the setting on "VERY HIGH" and got the exact same result (i.e. there seems to be no difference at all in the graphics if I use VERY HIGH or LOW).

My system is unusual in that I am running the game on a Parallels Desktop setup from MacOS 10.14.6. So my processor and card info might not be as meaningful, but I have a 10-core 3GHz Intel Xeon W with 64GB RAM running a Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB and 64-bit Windows 7. I know it's not a PC gamer setup, but it runs SexSim1 (and the competing SV2) with no problems or hiccups whatsoever.

Any thoughts? Any additional information I can give?

sonci

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 05:23:04 AM »

Unfortunately, my system honestly can BARELY handle loading this game, and it definitely can't handle playing it. I put it on the "LOW" graphics setting at 1600x900 and it still cannot render anyone. The environment loads alright, but the characters just appear as floating hair and eyeballs with no bodies! And the game lags and stutters so badly that I cannot effectively control anything (I tried to use the right mouse to look around, and the lag made it so that I was looking straight down or straight up and couldn't fine tune the control back to normal. Oddly enough, at first I put the setting on "VERY HIGH" and got the exact same result (i.e. there seems to be no difference at all in the graphics if I use VERY HIGH or LOW).

My system is unusual in that I am running the game on a Parallels Desktop setup from MacOS 10.14.6. So my processor and card info might not be as meaningful, but I have a 10-core 3GHz Intel Xeon W with 64GB RAM running a Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB and 64-bit Windows 7. I know it's not a PC gamer setup, but it runs SexSim1 (and the competing SV2) with no problems or hiccups whatsoever.

Maybe it ’s not supported by the graphics card.
This is also the case when I play other games on my old graphics card.
It is recommended to use a slightly better graphics card than you are now.
Machine translation please forgive me.

madmax

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 05:57:39 AM »
Hi  :D fist of all, congraz & thanks for the effort pushing out the new game release ;)
also a big fan of the game  ^-^

however like others here, also having some issue on rendering the game, (did try to tune down the graphic in the game option but doesn't help much, result still the same, slow & lagging)
- Each time when try to switch the character, it take a bit loading time
- Character movement is like frame by frame slow motion till hard to control the cursor movement...etc etc

below are my desktop spec fyi, although is a low spec compare to current real gamer :) but still it able to load & run smoothly with Sim 1 without issue

CPU:                  Intel i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad Core Processor (4 Core 4 Thread)
    MEMORY:            Kingston DDR4 16GB 2133Mhz
    MOTHERBOARD: Asus Socket 1151 H170 Pro Gaming
    DISPLAY:            Asus NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750Ti STRIX OC EDITION 2GB DDR5 (PCI-E)
    HDD:                  SSD (C:) Crucial                    MX500     1TB

Inquiries:

- Is the upcoming new content & features having ability to let player change the "scene sunlight" ? what i mean is changing scene on morning (with sea bird sound), afternoon or night :D

- Is there any custom Character or clothing editor provided to player later on ? just like sim 1

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 09:30:53 AM »
Unfortunately, my system honestly can BARELY handle loading this game, and it definitely can't handle playing it...

In this particular case I think it's just the fact that you're running a virtualized Windows desktop to run a higher spec Windows game on a Mac. The good news is, we are currently working on a Mac native version, so as soon as that is ready I can let you know. Hopefully that will work out better for you.

...also having some issue on rendering the game, (did try to tune down the graphic in the game option but doesn't help much, result still the same, slow & lagging)
- Each time when try to switch the character, it take a bit loading time
- Character movement is like frame by frame slow motion till hard to control the cursor movement...etc etc

below are my desktop spec fyi, although is a low spec compare to current real gamer :) but still it able to load & run smoothly with Sim 1 without issue

CPU:                  Intel i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad Core Processor (4 Core 4 Thread)
    MEMORY:            Kingston DDR4 16GB 2133Mhz
    MOTHERBOARD: Asus Socket 1151 H170 Pro Gaming
    DISPLAY:            Asus NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750Ti STRIX OC EDITION 2GB DDR5 (PCI-E)
    HDD:                  SSD (C:) Crucial                    MX500     1TB

I'm going to be doing some tuning for the first patch, to put in more controls over the various graphics options. Hopefully that will smooth things out for you. We had some older, weaker systems during beta testing but the worst that happened on those was the game was so slow it wasn't worth playing, or it just stuttered a bit but was still totally playable. We didn't encounter anything like floating eyeballs, haha. Definitely going to look into that!

For both of you, real quick question: Are you able to run our other game Future Love Space Machine? That game came out in 2015 and I'm curious how it performs on your systems. It's closer in graphics requirements than the older (2010) Sex Sim 1. If you could try that out and let me know how it runs, that would help.

Inquiries:

- Is the upcoming new content & features having ability to let player change the "scene sunlight" ? what i mean is changing scene on morning (with sea bird sound), afternoon or night :D

- Is there any custom Character or clothing editor provided to player later on ? just like sim 1

We've got a weather/environment control tool in the works, as well as a character editor and clothing editor. You'll be covered on all fronts. :)

Thanks so much everyone for your comments and reports! Releasing a new game can sometimes be a bit rocky as there will always be instances where problems come up. We appreciate your patience in bearing with us while we tweak things a bit more so you can get the full smooth experience.

I'm working on the first patch/update as we speak, so it won't be long.  :)

wolf007

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 09:24:36 PM »

Maybe it ’s not supported by the graphics card.
This is also the case when I play other games on my old graphics card.
It is recommended to use a slightly better graphics card than you are now.
Machine translation please forgive me.

Thank you for your input!
I think it's more likely this than the virtual desktop issue (more on that in a response to Giselle soon), but I'm still surprised by this. I'm real up on all things sound and music - that's what I use my Mac for professionally - but I don't really know graphics cards. My impression was that this was a really good one two years ago when I got this machine. Do they really go out of date that quickly? That's...discouraging. Also, if that was the issue I would think I would see at least some difference between running the game on VERY HIGH and LOW, but I don't; it behaves and looks exactly the same.

wolf007

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 09:34:53 PM »
Hi, Giselle
A few things...

1) Thank you for your quick attention and responses here! Even though the game is unplayable for me right now, I'm just a little frustrated but still basically cheerful and optimistic. I totally get that this is a release process, and I'm happy to help test it out, since I think this will be a really great program down the road.

2) Yes! Please let me know as you work on a Mac native version! I will very happily help test that out if you want.

3) Y'all are the experts, but I honestly would be surprised if the issue was only the virtual desktop. The whole point of the architecture is that it is running a totally stable environment, and my experience until now has been that it is identical to running a PC. However, I can totally buy that there is a problem here related to something being out of date...my graphics card especially, though like I say above I would think I would see some kind of difference between high and low graphics settings. Are you all running Windows 7? Is that my problem? Or maybe my card is fine, but I have an out-of-date driver.

4) I will download and try to run Future Love Space Machine and report back!

Thanks again for your help and willingness to engage by particular Mac issues.  ;D

wolf007

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2019, 09:51:02 PM »
Ok, I feel a little vindicated, haha.

FLSM runs like a dream. "Fantastic" graphics settings, no lag, and looks amazing. No issues at all.

madmax

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 05:11:42 AM »
Hi Giselle,

Did try with the FLSM, running on the same resolution 1920x1080  and Fantastic option setting
everything smooth and no lagging.   ;D

I also able play with some other recent 3D game from steam like CS-GO, or Dying Light, PUBG etc etc...

PS: Forgot to mention that i'm running on windows 10

Cheers~

hamster

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2019, 12:58:13 PM »
Hi Giselle!

Was able to download and run smoothly on maxed out settings, windowed or full screen, on Win7 actually. Running that on a gaming rig though, looks and sounds awesome. It seems to be a smooth upgrade in gameplay and graphics from original.

Was a big fan of the original SexSim, owned every pack and char, and environment I could get my hands on. Plan on doing the same with the new game.

The only thing missing from the original was some FFM or MMF poses. I was wondering if you have plans to add that content to the new game?

Like others here have already done I'd like to thank you and your tiny team for the amazing work you've done for this game over the years!

PS I also got the FLSM game, awesome graphics there too!

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2019, 08:55:06 PM »
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

I've uploaded a new build for testing, here: https://sexsim2.com/_files/_test/SexSim2_1.001_Test_setup.exe

If you're having troubles, please try it out. Did some hard core optimizing that I hope will help smooth things out. Plus, in Visual settings there are some new sliders and toggles, for terrain density, sky reflection, etc. so please do try those to see if it helps more. You can get to settings quickly, even on the start screen, by hitting ESC and then clicking "options".

Please let me know what happens.

Thanks also for trying FLSM. Glad it runs good and you like it!

As far as FFM, MMF, and other multi-partner options, yes, we do plan to explore that down the road, and I made sure to code things in so it can be done fairly smoothly once we get to it.

Anyway, I'm off for now. Been working since release to smooth out these issues some of you are having, and I'm looking forward to kicking back tomorrow for Thanksgiving and just enjoying the day. I hope the same for you all. Have a great one! I'll be back later. :)

wolf007

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2019, 11:48:44 PM »
Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving and are not reading this until well after the holiday!

Unfortunately, the new test version doesn't seem to make a difference for me. Still floating eyeballs and hair and extremely slow lag no matter what graphics settings I used (and I went in and pulled all the other settings down to min as well with no change). Actually, there IS a change: now the water won't render and just looks black. Ah well...

Let me know if there's anything else I can try or send you.

madmax

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2019, 05:32:20 AM »
Thanks for the effort :D, tried with the new build that you posted, its way better than the previous release ;D

I have try from Low till Ultra mode, still running a ok ( although there is very little lag when at & beyond medium mode, but still bearable, since given with my low spec graphic card :) )

The only option that will cause heavy lagging for me is this (Ambient Sky Reflection) as long I disble it, everything seems fine. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk