March 28, 2024, 09:00:38 AM

Author Topic: Pronzilla's People Permutor v0.2  (Read 19246 times)

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
  • what does this button do? <fx:ka-boom>
    • View Profile
Pronzilla's People Permutor v0.2
« on: October 11, 2010, 01:42:22 PM »
This version is obsolete, look for a newer one elsewhere in this board...

Pronzilla's People Permutor v0.2

Changes from last version:
  • fix mangled XML generation for cheeks and "clavicles" (shoulders)
  • make the first-run hunt-for-sexsim crawl (a bit) smarter
  • initial support for user-created textures (any textures referenced in user-created girls will be picked up and added to the mixing pot)
  • Add the "permute" button! (seriously, I'm part way through building a better UI, but I decided to ship this version without all the new whiz-bang stuff in order to get the bug fixes out there)

How do I install it?

First, you're going to need to install a Java runtime from http://www.java.com/

Once you have that installed, just create a directory somewhere on your system and put the ppp.jar file (attached below) in it.  Anywhere on the system will do, but the closer it is to your SexSim directory, the less work it will have to do when you first run it (see below)   

Double-click the ppp.jar file to run it. 

What is it?

Pronzilla's People Permutor is a totally, utterly, UNOFFICIAL, Java-based utility for Ripened Peach's SexSim.  It generates random girls (only, for now) by "permuting" the details of the girls you have installed, some included-as-standard-with-Sex-Sim stuff and fiddling with the body proportions in the XML file a bit.

The next time you fire up SS, you'll see 10 extra girls named "ppp 0" to "ppp 9".  I'm sure you can figure things out from there.

PLEASE NOTE:
PPP WILL OVERWRITE ANY EXISTING XML FILES NAMED f-ppp_(n).xml
IF YOU HAVE VERSIONS OF THOSE FILES YOU WANT TO KEEP (SUCH AS OUTPUT FROM PREVIOUS RUNS) COPY THEM ELSEWHERE BEFORE RUNNING PPP AGAIN, OR THEY WILL GET WIPED.

What it isn't
Perfect, or even close.

This thing is labelled "v0.x" for a reason.  I don't promise that it will work for you at all, nor that you'll like the ladies it generates.  It's random, sometimes it does crazy stuff.

But her feet go through the floor!?!?!

Um.  Yeah.  Many of the girls PPP generates don't always interact terribly well with the animations.  Limbs through the floor, partners' hands passing through bodies, that sort of thing. 

I'm not sure how much of that is down to the limitations of SexSim, and how much is down to me messing it up.  Any constructive suggestions about how to improve things are welcome.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 12:03:42 PM by pronzilla »
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

jiminy lummox

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Re: Pronzilla's People Permutor v0.2
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 09:04:02 AM »
Nice idea!

Sadly, it doesn't work for me :(

It's trying to write to C:\Program Files\Ssim\etc..... but windows 7 seems to be getting in the way.  Normally, any attempts to write here would instead be virtualised (resolved to C:\Users\Jiminy Lummox\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SSim) but this doesn't appear to be happening.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 10:47:16 AM »
When Sex Sim is installed into the Program Files directory in Windows Vista or Windows 7 users may have problems with certain tools working, etc. due to how those versions of Windows try to protect people from themselves.  Basically if something resides in Program Files Windows will do its best to prevent some programs from writing into that directory, etc.  I have Sex Sim install outside of Program Files by default, as it avoids that issue.

If yours is installed into Program Files you'll most likely have to set the Random Character Tool to "Run as Administrator" in order for it to be able to properly access that folder.  If you need help with that here is a page explaining how to do it in Windows 7.  Hopefully that will do the trick for you.

jiminy lummox

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 12:28:32 PM »
Hmm, I don't appear to be able to find a run as administrator option for Java or Java programs, normally right click and there it is.  Maybe I'll re-install sexsim outside of program files :)

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 12:40:12 PM »
I wonder if you need to set Java itself to run as administrator.  Maybe that would do it.

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 12:45:58 PM »
I'm not sure I could recommend setting java to run as admin; that might open up admin rights for the browser plugin, which is risky.

I had a horrible feeling that this would be an issue; unfortunately, SS (like many "moddable" programs) rather blurs the line between "programs" (which should be locked down) and "data" (which can be open season).

I'll have a dig, but I think there's not much I can do programmatically - windows just regards "program files" sub-directories as off-limits to many things.
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 01:27:41 PM »
A very quick survey reveals that my chances of getting clear access to that directory are approximately nil.   :-[

However, as a quick workaround, I can probably get PPP to spot when this happens, and dump the files elsewhere so that you can copy them in manually, much like if you were installing normal user-made custom girls.

Spotting this in progress will require knowing what exactly is happening from PPP's perspective.  Jiminy, any chance you could PM me your ppp.log file, please? 

More ambitiously (and cheekily) Jak, any chance SS could someday have a "user content" directory out in userspace somewhere? Either a parallel one (though having to check in two places for everything always makes me twitchy in my code) or moving the existing one?

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 02:03:20 PM »
More ambitiously (and cheekily) Jak, any chance SS could someday have a "user content" directory out in userspace somewhere? Either a parallel one (though having to check in two places for everything always makes me twitchy in my code) or moving the existing one?
Interesting idea.  I wonder if I could just put all user content into the user's Documents area instead of in the program folder itself.  Might make things simpler.  I'll look into it.

oldcock

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 06:52:20 PM »
Hmm, I don't appear to be able to find a run as administrator option for Java or Java programs, normally right click and there it is.  Maybe I'll re-install sexsim outside of program files :)
        ok this is simple put the People Permutor in the same folder that Sex Sim is in then click on it. That is how i got it tp work it will put the charecters in the user created folder then all you have to do is transfer those charecters, thumbs and meters to the adata folder under charecters. This worked perfect for me i had the same problem that you had until i figured it out

oldcock

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 06:54:27 PM »
oh i forgot you dont have to run it as administrator

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk