March 28, 2024, 04:42:34 AM

Author Topic: Pronzilla's People Permutor, v0.1  (Read 12585 times)

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
  • what does this button do? <fx:ka-boom>
    • View Profile
Pronzilla's People Permutor, v0.1
« on: October 08, 2010, 01:51:10 PM »
(edited to add: this version is now obsolete - use the newer version instead)

Here's a thing I made...

Pronzilla's People Permutor v0.1

How do I install it?

First, you're going to need to install a Java runtime from http://www.java.com/

Once you have that installed, just create a directory somewhere on your system and put the ppp.jar file (attached below) in it.  Anywhere on the system will do, but the closer it is to your SexSim directory, the less work it will have to do when you first run it (see below)   

Double-click the ppp.jar file to run it. 

What is it?

Pronzilla's People Permutor is a totally, utterly, UNOFFICIAL, Java-based utility for Ripened Peach's SexSim.  It generates random girls (only, for now) by "permuting" the details of the girls you have installed, some included-as-standard-with-Sex-Sim stuff and fiddling with the body proportions in the XML file a bit.

It creates 10 files in /Sex Sim/Runtime/user_created/characters, named f-ppp_0.xml to f-ppp_9.xml, containing random girl definitions. 

The next time you fire up SS, you'll see 10 extra girls named "ppp 0" to "ppp 9".  I'm sure you can figure things out from there.

PLEASE NOTE:
PPP WILL OVERWRITE ANY EXISTING XML FILES NAMED f-ppp_(n).xml
IF YOU HAVE VERSIONS OF THOSE FILES YOU WANT TO KEEP (SUCH AS OUTPUT FROM PREVIOUS RUNS) COPY THEM ELSEWHERE BEFORE RUNNING PPP AGAIN, OR THEY WILL GET WIPED.

What it isn't
Perfect, or even close.

This thing is labelled "v0.1" for a reason.  I don't promise that it will work for you at all, nor that you'll like the ladies it generates.  It's random, sometimes it does crazy stuff.

Right now it has no user controls at all - it only does what I hard-coded it to do, and it's only slightly more user-friendly than a punch in the face.

That said, I hope to improve it over time (see below).  No promises, though.

But her feet go through the floor!?!?!

Um.  Yeah.  Many of the girls PPP generates don't always interact terribly well with the animations.  Limbs through the floor, partners' hands passing through bodies, that sort of thing. 

I'm not sure how much of that is down to the limitations of SexSim, and how much is down to me messing it up.  Any constructive suggestions about how to improve things are welcome.

What does it do? (in detail)
The first time you run it, it'll go hunting across your system for your copy of SexSim, and record that location in a ppp.properties file next to the ppp.jar, ready for next time.  This bit might take a little while, but it only happens
once.

Once it's found Sex Sim, it'll scan the /Sex Sim/Runtime/characters directory to see what it's got to play with.  For now, it'll only use textures referenced in those files, plus the basic eyes documented by Jak in the forum.   

Finally, it generates the custom xml character files. 

The whole thing (excluding finding Sex Sim on first run) should take no more than a second or two.

Along the way, it will also spit out a ppp.log file in the same directory as the .jar file.  You probably don't care about that - it's just a slightly-more-detailed record of what gets shown in the main window.

Things I'd like to add

(disclaimer: inclusion in this list doesn't guarantee I'm ever going to actually add a feature, just that I personally want to do it some day)

• support any custom character textures (once Jak documents them)
  • some sort of UI so that you can actually influence PPP's behaviour a bit
  • better support for body types 3/4 (for now, it morphs them a lot less than body 1/2, because I've had less opportunity to explore what works and what looks really silly)   
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 01:45:26 PM by pronzilla »
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
Re: Pronzilla's People Permutor, v0.1
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 02:55:02 PM »
Wow, so cool!  Downloaded and I'll be trying it out shortly.  Thanks for sharing. :)

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
  • what does this button do? <fx:ka-boom>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 08:52:51 AM »
Is it me, or does this have screaming bugs in the claviclesize and cheeksize generation?  How the flying wotsits did I miss that?

Fix forthcoming soon, hopefully...
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 11:45:51 AM »
I sent you a PM about an issue I'm having with it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk