March 28, 2024, 07:28:53 AM

Author Topic: Can I post things for Sex Sim on other web sites?  (Read 29618 times)

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
Can I post things for Sex Sim on other web sites?
« on: October 07, 2010, 07:27:05 PM »
I've had this question asked a few times now so I wanted to make a post to clear up any confusion.

This is official notice that..

• You are free to share your personally created mods, outfits, software tools, characters, etc. for Sex Sim on this web site and elsewhere.
  • You can charge whatever price you like for your own personally created Sex Sim items as noted above, be it free or otherwise.
  • You can make your own Sex Sim related web site to post things or place your creations on other sites that support them.

Have fun. :)

FLSexFiend

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Re: Can I post things for Sex Sim on other web sites?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 08:17:16 AM »
I have to say that your policy of allowing users to charge for their mods is absolutely amazing to me. I'm one of the oldest SexVilla players and content creators. My membership goes back to the days of 3dSlut long before even version 1 of SexVilla.  And as you probably know, ThriXXX is very protective of their product, even to the point of claiming ownership of any mods made with it or for it.  And considering that there are about 3000 user made poses and an equally large number of modified textures available on GE, that's a lot of $$$ creators are being denied.
I've created a series of tutorial sequences and videos for the sequencer and pose editor which I'd love to package and sell, but obviously that's impossible.

I'm keeping a close eye on your product development here. I like the look of the program, but since I'm an amateur film maker (I make a lot of sequences and short videos with 3DSV2, and have some videos done with "The Movies" game),   I don't think Sexsim is what I'm looking for..yet, which is an adult machinima vehicle. The "pick a girl and guy, have sex until they both cum" scenario is very old hat to me.  I'm looking for a full blown 3d adult version of say, Iclone or Moviestorm.  But I'm impressed with the  easy moddability of the game, the realistic look of the basic apartment set and the lighting.  Also, your addons store prices are very reasonable which is a breath of fresh air, (although I can't use them right now) as I'm also a Sims 3 player and you probably know about EA's price gouging there.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 11:09:57 AM »
Thanks for your thoughts, Branes51.  At some point in the future I would like to create an animation system and pose editor, which I've mentioned briefly in other posts here in the forum. 

Sex Sim was not built to be a machinima platform so for now I'm afraid you might want to look elsewhere for that ability if it's your primary interest.  Who knows what will happen in the future though! 

We just made it to be a sexy game that we liked, and hope that other people do as well. :)

FLSexFiend

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 03:14:01 PM »
Well, once you have the pose and animation editor, you've halfway to the machinima system. Add emotions and gestures, expand the game to use up to 4 players in a scene with the capability of changing sets, and you basically have a studio. Users will have to do the editing themselves, but that's no big deal.  One great addition, would be a timeline, which you would have to have for the animation editor.

I can see the point of your business model though. Even though it's pretty much the same as ThriXXX's pay to play system, you're a lot freer with your information for modders. However, ThriXXX didn't set out to make a sequencer or pose editor when they started SexVilla either. It was us, the users who pestered them until they did. :P In fact, I can tell you that every innovation you see by ThriXXX was a suggestion made back before SexVilla 2 was even finished. A couple by me and others from my colleagues on the Gamerotica site.  I can't take credit for them, but I did make the suggestion about the sequencer or something similar way back in 3dSlut. I guarantee that if you let the users determine the evolution of this game, it will become something much bigger than you can now imagine.

Most game companies have begun to realize this. We may be pervs, but we're talented pervs. LOL.

Ciao.

woolfe99

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 06:15:12 PM »
Welcome to forums here Branes.  I recognize you from over at gamerotica.  I think many of the serious content creators over there should come here for at least a look.  There is much functionality that this sim doesn't have yet, but what's here so far is quite impressive, and the attitude of the developer is much better than what we're seeing over there.  I honestly think this sim has the potential to be what SV3 should be.  Right now the main thing that it needs is more user created content, which in turn will attract more customers, which in turn will help fund future development.  If we could get even a fraction of the content creativity over here that we see on gamerotica it would be a huge boost.

FLSexFiend

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 10:18:23 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly. I'm going to try my hand at some mods just for sh&ts and giggles.
As you know, I don't do the freemode thing. It's just too boring for me. So, I don't think this site is really
ready for me yet, but the mods could make things interesting. It seems like everything is xml based which makes making changes very easy.
i agree with you about his attitude. He is a lot freer with information about the way the content is made than ThriXXX. Even with they were still small, they had a closed fist attitude towards their tech. Here he even lets you create new body meshes. That's unique. There's a lot to like about this place. And like you said, I think it will be going places...probably places Jax hasn't dreamed of yet.

If you're still on GE. I've got a new sequence going up tonight or tomorrow called "The Abusive Boss." I think you'll like it. I think it's one of my best. I'm going to try to get it on video but the new sequencer room doesn't seem to like video. 

woolfe99

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 07:16:52 AM »
Damn I probably would like that sequence but it sounds like an office sequence and i haven't bought the office.  Not sure if I want to spend more on SV2 given that SV3 will be out some time maybe late this year, plus this one may be going places.

I agree that freemode gets boring really fast.  My interest is mainly in making sequences and watching other people's.  So far what I'm doing is modifying others people's sequences to make them more to my taste in terms of poses, outfits, etc.  It's a good way to start with the sequencer. 

I'm pretty sure we'll get a sequencer here eventually.  I think Jak is committed to developing the sim but since it's a one man shop for now, it's really a matter of when more than if.  Big new patch going into beta about now.  Looking forward to that.

FLSexFiend

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 06:41:34 PM »
Actually, it's the Doctors office with the Celebwrecker mod. One thing I do have in the works is a comprehensive Sequencer Manual. I already have one but it's multiroom and some people can't use so I'm doing this one entirely in the Loft, which, I'm pretty sure almost everyone gets right away.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk