March 28, 2024, 09:05:37 AM

Author Topic: (Male) UV Layout  (Read 12502 times)

it

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
(Male) UV Layout
« on: July 10, 2018, 12:11:13 AM »
Hi, I was wondering if possible to get the UVW layout for the male version.
I would like to paint my own textures from head to toe.

Thank You.... Tom..

« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 07:29:27 PM by Giselle »

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
Re: UV Layout
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 07:27:16 PM »
Hi Tom,

Custom male characters in SexSim aren't as fully supported as female ones, so there's not a super whole lot of info about making them, nor can they be made within the Character Editor. They can be made via XML files, though, and I assume you've already got that far.

There are actually two separate UVW types for males in the game. The first type is what was used for a few of the early male characters, and then we remapped the UVs to make things easier moving forward.

I've just now gone in and created special UVW maps for you, which I've attached to this message. To make proper use of them, make sure that you choose a value of 4 or higher for the <body>xx</body> tag within the character's XML file. Otherwise the character will use the old UVWs, which aren't included in this attached file.

Please let me know if you run into any troubles. It's been a while since I worked with the male characters and I assume it will work fine, but I could be missing something. Keep me updated if you would. :)

Enjoy!

malphes2

• No posts to speak of
    • View Profile
Re: (Male) UV Layout
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 08:11:11 PM »
Thank you Giselle For these Maps. They're very Interesting. If I understand it ( doubtful!) you just create your new Man's textures. Create a Folder for them. edit an existing guy's XML doc so it points to the new folder.
and drop all those in Runtime/user_created/characters to play with him. So the new Guy will be already like installed when I start a new session of the Sim :) Pretty Nifty ! :clapper:

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 07:21:16 PM »
I believe that's how it works, yes. It's been a while since I messed with user created custom characters that aren't built into the game code.

Matinaz

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 08:28:17 PM »
Very useful to me

Version5

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 09:19:21 AM »
Wondering if I'd be able to get the textures for the male characters. That would be awesome.

Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk