March 28, 2024, 06:09:27 AM

Author Topic: The latest hair styles  (Read 14701 times)

JimmyHoffa

• View Profile
The latest hair styles
« on: September 27, 2015, 09:30:39 AM »
Some pics of the latest hair styles

Hair Style: Aura

Hair Style: Springtime

Hair Style: Fantasy

Really?  :o

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
Re: The latest hair styles
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 01:21:26 PM »
Is that a custom character you're using them on? It looks to be. If you alter character shapes, etc. then hair may not always work correctly. Does the hair look like that on a non-custom character?

With that said, I'm aware that there are issues with the latest fantasy style hair and I'm making a fix for that in the upcoming update.

JimmyHoffa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 07:23:47 PM »
Is that a custom character you're using them on? It looks to be. If you alter character shapes, etc. then hair may not always work correctly.  Does the hair look like that on a non-custom character?

With that said, I'm aware that there are issues with the latest fantasy style hair and I'm making a fix for that in the upcoming update.

On the custom character:

Head Depth was set to 1
Head Width was set to 1
Head Height was set to 1

Is that too altered?

Is that a custom character you're using them on? It looks to be. If you alter character shapes, etc. then hair may not always work correctly. Does the hair look like that on a non-custom character?

The hair on the non-custom characters:

(Looks the same to me)

(Looks the same to me)

(Looks the same to me)

(Looks the same to me)

(The hair didn't penetrate the left ear on the 'custom' character.  Both still have the weird looking bald spots.)

If you alter character shapes, etc. then hair may not always work correctly.

So we shouldn't expect new hair styles to work correctly with head size parameters of 1, 1, and 1?  ... or is that outside the acceptable parameters for customization with the new hair styles?    Or did you mean we shouldn't expect them to work correctly if we change the hair color with the purchased Hair Styler add-on?

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:59:33 PM by JimmyHoffa »

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 11:19:53 PM »
Yes, they should work on 1,1,1, no problem. What graphics settings are you using?

Petra's hair "Aura" definitely has a problem where it's sinking into the head, so I'll fix that in the upcoming update. Honey's hair, "Fantasy" could use a few more strands in the front to make it look better with all colors, so I'll get that in as well.

The problem with Naleena is an issue with the XML file. You can fix that yourself if you like, before I make the patch. To do that, open the "C:\SexSim\Runtime\_aData\assets\hair\info\springtime.xml" file in a text editor, and change the part that says "<TextureType_2>A</TextureType_2>" to "<TextureType_2>B</TextureType_2>". That will fix "Springtime" hairstyle so it looks correct.

I'm going to put in fixes for these in the upcoming update.

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 04:41:10 PM »
The files have been fixed. The easiest way to get the newer versions if you already have the originals is to do the following...

Delete these files:
  • "C:\SexSim\Runtime\_aData\assets\hair\info\springtime.xml"
  • "C:\SexSim\Runtime\_aData\assets\hair\hair-aura.sexsim"
  • "C:\SexSim\Runtime\_aData\assets\hair\hair-fantasy.sexsim"
Start Sex Sim and tick the little checkbox on the login screen that says "Run a full file check? (helps solve problems!)".

The new files will download and should work now. Thanks for pointing out the issues.

RealHawk

• Adult game fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 04:49:05 PM »
I already told you this on July 20th, but I had to wait for the update. I'm glad Jimmy pointed it out so the fix will come faster. Thanks for the fix.

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 08:31:30 PM »
Yup they're fixed now and there's no need to wait, just do the steps from my post above and you'll be all set. Thanks again to you both for pointing out the issues. Sorry for the wait!

JimmyHoffa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 07:56:43 AM »

I was just doing some screenshots of a character after 'the fix' and noticed something.

Both are from screenshots of the same character, in the same location in The Apartment, with the same hair style (Fantasy), and the same color selected (blonde).

Anyone notice anything different?  (other than the hair being reversed right to left)

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 10:36:17 AM »
Aside from the hair being flipped, I don't see anything else. What are we looking for?

JimmyHoffa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 06:15:24 PM »

Are you color blind?

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 05:26:21 PM »

Are you color blind?
No. I didn't notice the "blonde" thing.

If you spin the camera behind her, is her hair blonde then? It looks like a lighting issue, having to do with flipped normals on the model. I'm releasing a new Sex Sim update later tonight or tomorrow so I'll put the fix in it.

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 09:19:18 PM »
Ok it looks like there was a messup when I uploaded the files the other day. To get the properly working Fantasy hair, do this...

Delete this file:
  • "C:\SexSim\Runtime\_aData\assets\hair\hair-fantasy.sexsim"
Start Sex Sim and tick the little checkbox on the login screen that says "Run a full file check? (helps solve problems!)".

The correct Fantasy hair will download and should work now. Thanks for your patience while I figured this out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk