March 28, 2024, 01:57:26 AM

Author Topic: XML File Specs : Characters  (Read 39458 times)

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
XML File Specs : Characters
« on: August 26, 2010, 07:53:22 PM »
Note: The following information is mostly out of date with the introduction of the new Character Editor but will be left here for reference as it is useful for advanced users.  Please see this thread for more up-to-date info regarding character editing.

Sex Sim uses XML files to tell it information about characters, places, clothes, etc.  This thread is a breakdown of the XML files used for characters.

<Author> : This is your name, whatever you want to put.

<Gender> : The gender of the character, in lowercase, one letter (m, f) -- at some point in the future we will have a mixed gender as well.

<Race> : Currently unused.
<Home> : Currently unused.

<Name> : The character's name.

<Bio> : Currently unused.
<Age> : Currently unused.
<BloodType> : Currently unused.

<Category> : Currently unused.

<Orientation> : Currently unused.
<Preference> : Currently unused.
<PreferenceModifier> : Currently unused.
<FavoriteType1> : Currently unused.
<FavoriteType2> : Currently unused.

<Image> : The character's name in lower case.  This is used to tell the sim which thumbnail and meter image to use.

<Body> : The type of body to use; mainly related to facial structure.  Options are: 1: Caucasion, 2: African, 3: "Thick", 4: "Big", 5: "Asian", 6: "Flat Chested" *.

<BodyTex> : The character's body texture main name.  See Character Creation thread for more details.
<BodyTexSource> : The source folder of the body texture.  See Character Creation thread for more details.
<BumpTex> : The character's bump map texture main name.  See Character Creation thread for more details.
<BumpTexSource> : The source folder of the bump map texture.  See Character Creation thread for more details.

<Hair> : The hair model the character uses.  Currently can be any hair from a character you (or a user) own.  Options are: Females: messy (Alison), punky (Kendra), pixie (Layla), glamour (Robyn), feathered (Ulani), glamour-mixed (Shauna), short_messy (Tiffany), updo (Ayumi), bob (Catt), secretary (Vanessa), secretary_w_glasses (Vanessa).  Males: short_mussed (Alec), none (Tai).  More hair styles on the way.

<HairTex> : Currently unused.
<HairTexSource> : Currently unused.
<HairColor> : NEW - See hair style thread I'll write once the hair add-on is released.

<PubicHair> : NEW - The pubic hair the character uses.  See the pubic hair thread for more details.

<PubicHair_Color_R> : NEW - See the pubic hair thread for more details.
<PubicHair_Color_G> : NEW - See the pubic hair thread for more details.
<PubicHair_Color_B> : NEW - See the pubic hair thread for more details.

<EyeTexL> : The left eyeball texture. Options are: blue, brown_1, brown_grey, deep_blue, green, grey_1, hazel_1, hazel_2, lg_brown-black, light_blue, light_green, light_grey_blue, md_hazel.
<EyeTexLSource> : The source folder of the left eyeball texture.  See Character Creation thread for more details.

<EyeTexR> :  The right eyeball texture. Options are: blue, brown_1, brown_grey, deep_blue, green, grey_1, hazel_1, hazel_2, lg_brown-black, light_blue, light_green, light_grey_blue, md_hazel.
<EyeTexRSource> : The source folder of the right eyeball texture.  See Character Creation thread for more details.

<Eyelashes> :  The character's eyelashes texture.  See Character Creation thread for more details.
<EyelashesTexSource> : The source folder of the eyelashes texture.  See Character Creation thread for more details.

<Teeth> : The character's teeth texture.  See Character Creation thread for more details.
<TeethTexSource> :  The source folder of the teeth texture.  See Character Creation thread for more details.

The following list contains all tags related to body sizing.  Each tag has an X, Y, and Z component which controls the size of its designated body part.  The default, unaltered size is 1.0.  Use of these tags requires some experimentation, but there are some more detailed directions in the "How to make bigger boobs" thread.

<BodySize_X>, <BodySize_Y>, <BodySize_Z>, <HeadSize_X>, <HeadSize_Y>, <HeadSize_Z>, <CheekSize_LX>, <CheekSize_LY>, <CheekSize_LZ>, <CheekSize_RX>, <CheekSize_RY>, <CheekSize_RZ>, <UpLipSize_X>, <UpLipSize_Y>, <UpLipSize_Z>, <LowLipSize_X>, <LowLipSize_Y>, <LowLipSize_Z>, <JawSize_X>, <JawSize_Y>, <JawSize_Z>, <BoobSize_LX>, <BoobSize_LY>, <BoobSize_LZ>, <BoobSize_RX>, <BoobSize_RY>, <BoobSize_RZ>, <ClavicleSize_LX>, <ClavicleSize_LY>, <ClavicleSize_LZ>, <ClavicleSize_RX>, <ClavicleSize_RY>, <ClavicleSize_RZ>, <UpArmSize_LX>, <UpArmSize_LY>, <UpArmSize_LZ>, <UpArmSize_RX>, <UpArmSize_RY>, <UpArmSize_RZ>, <ForearmSize_LX>, <ForearmSize_LY>, <ForearmSize_LZ>, <ForearmSize_RX>, <ForearmSize_RY>, <ForearmSize_RZ>, <HandSize_LX>, <HandSize_LY>, <HandSize_LZ>, <HandSize_RX>, <HandSize_RY>, <HandSize_RZ>, <ThumbSize_LX>, <ThumbSize_LY>, <ThumbSize_LZ>, <ThumbSize_RX>, <ThumbSize_RY>, <ThumbSize_RZ>, <IndexFingerSize_LX>, <IndexFingerSize_LY>, <IndexFingerSize_LZ>, <IndexFingerSize_RX>, <IndexFingerSize_RY>, <IndexFingerSize_RZ>, <MiddleFingerSize_LX>, <MiddleFingerSize_LY>, <MiddleFingerSize_LZ>, <MiddleFingerSize_RX>, <MiddleFingerSize_RY>, <MiddleFingerSize_RZ>, <RingFingerSize_LX>, <RingFingerSize_LY>, <RingFingerSize_LZ>, <RingFingerSize_RX>, <RingFingerSize_RY>, <RingFingerSize_RZ>, <PinkyFingerSize_LX>, <PinkyFingerSize_LY>, <PinkyFingerSize_LZ>, <PinkyFingerSize_RX>, <PinkyFingerSize_RY>, <PinkyFingerSize_RZ>,    <ButtSize_X>, <ButtSize_Y>, <ButtSize_Z>, <ThighSize_LX>, <ThighSize_LY>, <ThighSize_LZ>, <ThighSize_RX>, <ThighSize_RY>, <ThighSize_RZ>, <CalfSize_LX>, <CalfSize_LY>, <CalfSize_LZ>, <CalfSize_RX>, <CalfSize_RY>, <CalfSize_RZ>, <FootSize_LX>, <FootSize_LY>, <FootSize_LZ>, <FootSize_RX>, <FootSize_RY>, <FootSize_RZ>, <ToeSize_LX>, <ToeSize_LY>, <ToeSize_LZ>, <ToeSize_RX>, <ToeSize_RY>, <ToeSize_RZ>

<jawRotate_Y> : Internal use only, not useful for anything besides making REALLY messed up characters.
<jawShut_Z> :  Internal use only, not useful for anything besides making REALLY messed up characters.
<jawOpen_Z> :  Internal use only, not useful for anything besides making REALLY messed up characters.
<originalEyeL> :  Internal use only, not useful for anything besides making REALLY messed up characters.
<originalEyeR> :  Internal use only, not useful for anything besides making REALLY messed up characters.
<EyeShutL> :  Internal use only, not useful for anything besides making REALLY messed up characters.
<EyeShutR> :  Internal use only, not useful for anything besides making REALLY messed up characters.
<sexyEyeL> :  Internal use only, not useful for anything besides making REALLY messed up characters.
<sexyEyeR> :  Internal use only, not useful for anything besides making REALLY messed up characters.
<eyeRotate_Y> :  Internal use only, not useful for anything besides making REALLY messed up characters.

<jewelry> : This controls the currently available (as of August 2010) set of character jewelry.  More refined jewelry controls are on the way but this set was designed for the release of Kendra.  It can also be used with any of the other female characters.  Put each jewelry item you wish to use in a comma separated list inside this tag.  Options are: ball_bridge, ball_ear_L, ball_ear_R, ball_lowerlip_L, ball_lowerlip_R, ball_nose_L, ball_nose_R, ball_nose_septum, black_bracelets_L, black_bracelets_R, clitring_1, earring_L, earring_R, nippleball_L, nippleball_R, nosering_L, nosering_R, nosering_septum.

* for flat chested body types, it looks best if you make a "body" skin texture without the underboob shading.  Using an existing texture is ok but not ideal for this body type.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 01:35:04 PM by Jak (ripened peach) »

mech1

• View Profile
Re: XML File Specs : Characters
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 12:27:57 AM »
I have some experience with making Girl Kate so I will make here some notes.
  • There isn't a parametr for chest and stomach at that time. So if you want to make girl thicker, you have to raise <BodySize> and lower all the other parametrs.
  • There isn't a parametr for neck at that time. You can't affect that.
  • Not all X, Y, Z are same! So it does't mean you simply raise all Y for example.
  • The change of the parametr just resize the body texture, so it isn't add a new mass.
  • You can use smaller numbers, for exmaple 0.8, 1.6 ...

<BodySize_X> height of whole body
<BodySize_Y> deep of whole body (from breast to butt)
<BodySize_Z> width of whole body (from left to righ side)

<HeadSize_X> height of whole head
<HeadSize_Y> deep of whole head (from forehead to nape)
<HeadSize_Z> width of whole head (from ear to ear)

<BoobSize_LX> deep of whole breast (from teat to chest)
<BoobSize_LY> height of whole brest (from top to bottom)
<BoobSize_LZ> width of whole brest (from left to right)

<ClavicleSize_LX> width of whole clavicle (from left to right)
<ClavicleSize_LY> deep of whole clavicle (from front to rear)
<ClavicleSize_LZ> lenght of whole arm

<HandSize_LX> lenght of whole hand (including all fingers)
<HandSize_LY> thickness of whole hand (including all fingers, from palm to back)
<HandSize_LZ> width of whole hand (including all fingers)

<ButtSize_X> height of whole butt (from top to bottom)
<ButtSize_Y> deep of whole butt (protuberant)
<ButtSize_Z> width of hip

<ThighSize_LX> height of whole thigh
<ThighSize_LY> deep of whole thigh (front to back)
<ThighSize_LZ> width of thigh (left to right)

<CalfSize_LX> height of whole calf
<CalfSize_LY> deep of whole calf (front to back)
<CalfSize_LZ> width of whole calf (left to right)

Have fun!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 03:57:57 AM by mech1 »

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
  • what does this button do? <fx:ka-boom>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 01:33:55 PM »
I've been playing with these, too. 

Here are the ranges I've found for some of the values which don't look totally stupid (I make no promises about attractive, merely "not totally ridiculous")  Your Mileage May Vary.

cheek:
x: 0.8-1.25
y: 0.5-1.4
z: 0.5-1.5

lips:
x f-b: 0.8-1.3
y up-down: 0.9-1.2
z side-side: 0.7-1.4

jaw:
x: front-back 0.96-1.02
y: up/down: 0.8-1.2
z: side-side: 0.9-1.1

boobs:
x: front/back: 0.65-1.5, should be less than Y unless you like them gravity-defying
y: up/down: 0.65-1.5
z: side-side: 0.8-1.4

butt: 0.9-1.15
x: up/down: 0.9-1.35
y: front-back: 0.85-1.15
z: side-side: 0.95-1.15

There's something funny going on with limbs - I'm still investigating those.

Note that, in many cases, taking these values too far messes up the animations (hands going through the megaboobs, limbs through the furniture, and so on)  Barring real-time high-resolution physics simulation[1], there are limits to how much can be done about that.  Like Jak said elsewhere - megabudget shooters/rpgs can't sort that stuff out totally[2].

[1]I should note, that sort of stuff is waaaay off; that's what corporate/university engineering research types use supercomputers for, and even they can't do it in real time.  Not to mention the detail that would have to go into the models.  Have you ever tried to measure the Young's Modulus of a boob?  You'd get some very funny looks proposing *that* in a materials science lab.  Followed by lots of volunteers to do the measuring.  Probably not so many to be the one being measured, though.

[2]While they probably don't care as much about cocks, they do seem to have some interest in boobs and butts.  Just go play tomb raider - whaddya spend the entire game looking at...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 01:43:20 PM by pronzilla »
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 01:55:35 PM »
Have you ever tried to measure the Young's Modulus of a boob?

Hahahaha!

moviebuff3000

• I love Big Boobs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 12:24:26 PM »
I am never any good at this sort of stuff. That is why I leave it to the professionals. :)
"People lie....but the evidence never does!" Gil Grissom, CSI Las Vegas

mech1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 08:06:48 AM »
Well I'm not a professional and doing it :-)
The thing is that I hate, when I don't know how something works. So than I try to test thinks ...

Stranger777

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 03:25:01 AM »
Hi!

I made a girl with the bodytyp 4:Big. I took the setting of the beautiful usermade girl Kate and did only 2 modifications. First one was to set the body on 4, second was to make the boobs 1.3. I'm already happy with the optical result, but there is one little problem. If I use this girl with the blowjob scenes, her mouth is miles away from the cock. In the sequence (I don't know the name by now, and I can't look already cause I'm not a home at the momment) where the girl knees before the guy, it looks like he is fucking her boobs, what would be nice if she doesn't make the blowing motion with her open mouth. So I what I want to know is: Is there a difference in the height of the girls in relation with the bodytype? Is bodysize: 1 with bodytyp 1 smaller than bodysize: 1 with bodytyp 4?

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 11:54:17 AM »
Hi!

I made a girl with the bodytyp 4:Big. I took the setting of the beautiful usermade girl Kate and did only 2 modifications. First one was to set the body on 4, second was to make the boobs 1.3. I'm already happy with the optical result, but there is one little problem. If I use this girl with the blowjob scenes, her mouth is miles away from the cock. In the sequence (I don't know the name by now, and I can't look already cause I'm not a home at the momment) where the girl knees before the guy, it looks like he is fucking her boobs, what would be nice if she doesn't make the blowing motion with her open mouth. So I what I want to know is: Is there a difference in the height of the girls in relation with the bodytype? Is bodysize: 1 with bodytyp 1 smaller than bodysize: 1 with bodytyp 4?

I'll have to check into that with Kate.  I've been talking with mech1 about some things that may be issues with her custom body part sizes when combined with the new body shapes.  Once you start messing with the various body part size tags it can take some experimentation to get it all right.  If you can PM me the xml file you made for her then I'll take a look and see if there's anything I can suggest.

mech1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 01:06:57 AM »
We already now about this problem and we are trying to find the solution. Anyway I can explain this:

The parametr which Jak implemented <Body> works fine with the engine.
My Kate is builded before that parametr and all the other I have to change (please see XML File Specs : Characters). But the parametr <ButtSize_X> involving the overall height of Kate. She is taller in all other poses but the problem is just with penis inside mouth ;-)

oldbill

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 09:20:54 PM »
What a  8) program this is, exactly what I am looking for.  I'd love to see a parameter list for the basic XML, any chance of that?  :eyebrows:

PLEASE keep up the great work  :)

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 11:11:47 PM »
What a  8) program this is, exactly what I am looking for.  I'd love to see a parameter list for the basic XML, any chance of that?  :eyebrows:

PLEASE keep up the great work  :)

I'm glad you like it so far oldbill. :)  What XML files are you interested in the parameters for?

oldbill

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 05:12:59 PM »
I think you may have already answered this elsewhere.  I was interested in changed different facets of the character, hair colour, eye, lip colour.  Is there a list, for example, of races that can be used?  I suppose I could browse through the xml files and probably figure it out, but a list of the different switches would be nice...

I need to learn how to mod clothes too.  So much to do!!!  :D

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 05:39:26 PM »
Pretty much everything that can currently be changed by users via XML editing has been documented already in this section of the forum, so a good solid read through all of what's available would be a good start. 

As far as things like "Race", there's no race tag that changes visuals, that's up to the person doing the customization to set up.  You just need to fiddle around until you come up with something that works well.  With that said, I am working on an Asian style face which will be available at some point.  Right now take a look at the "Body" tag for what's available for current use as far as racial looks go.

moviebuff3000

• I love Big Boobs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 06:02:27 PM »
So when can we see an actual character creator for the game something along the lines of what Sex Villa has?
"People lie....but the evidence never does!" Gil Grissom, CSI Las Vegas

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2010, 06:35:01 PM »
I no longer post anything about what's coming out or when.  It's better to finish each thing and release than announce it and have the pressure of people waiting on it.

There will be a nice character tool at some point but until it's out and ready I can't announce a date.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk