March 18, 2024, 11:12:43 PM

Author Topic: characters on Babesoul worth it?  (Read 38019 times)

idek

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
characters on Babesoul worth it?
« on: June 07, 2013, 10:12:16 AM »
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I was considering buying the three add-on characters from the Babesoul website. Has anyone gotten these? If so, what do you get with them (hair, textures, clothes) and are they worth buying?

Isla

• View Profile
Re: characters on Babesoul worth it?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 11:48:04 AM »
Been over a year since I bought both Monique & Geselle, mainly wanted the new hairstyles that came with them. This gives you new hairstyles you can then use to creating your own characters. The skin textures were nicely done but nothing really special about them. Were they worth the $3 each? Maybe a little too much now that you can get so many user created girls, at the time I was ok buying them. Especially if you plan to create your own girls and want slightly different hairs.  :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:47:25 AM by ilsa »

LazeeDragon

• i love creating too bad cannot do guys yet lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 08:37:37 AM »
i bought all 3 over a month and i like them so it is up to you. if you want them :) what is nice is that if your pc crashes or whatever they will stay in your buy section and you can redownload them. so they won't ever get lost...not like flash drives which i can never find lol ^^
~LD~

theevilone

• -
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 09:13:47 PM »
hello did you use paypal when you got models from babesoul?
having trouble navigating their checkout system

You can't use PayPal with Babesoul.  PayPal has it in their terms of service that anyone who sells adult material, even as in-game addons like the characters from Babesoul for Sex Sim, is not allowed to use their service.  Any such business or individual or service provider who breaks those rules has their funds and account subject to seizure and freezing by PayPal.

It's been that way for almost as long as I've used them, which is 6 years, so... yeah, you can't use paypal.
The Evil One

50+ ADD-ONS

RealHawk

• Adult game fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 08:09:37 AM »
same here i cant seem to get them, it keeps asking me to buy babe coins?

theevilone

• -
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 03:37:16 PM »
same here i cant seem to get them, it keeps asking me to buy babe coins?

Probably like here you need PeachPoints for addons, its probably a proprietary currency system you can buy and then only use on their stuff.
The Evil One

50+ ADD-ONS

Auguaman

• Land of many waters
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 08:06:10 PM »
Been over a year since I bought both Monique & Geselle, mainly wanted the new hairstyles that came with them. This gives you new hairstyles you can then use to creating your own characters. The skin textures were nicely done but nothing really special about them. Were they worth the $3 each? Maybe a little too much now that you can get so many user created girls, at the time I was ok buying them. Especially if you plan to create your own girls and want slightly different hairs.  :)

I bought all three and I got ripped off in my opinion...
No hair! I wanted new hairstyles but there is no hair with any of them.

<BodyTex>Geselle</BodyTex>
<BumpTex>Robyn</BumpTex>
<Hair>messy</Hair> (you need the SexSim model Joanne for this hair)
<HairTex>feathered_raven</HairTex> (what is this?)

<Race>Europian</Race> (they can't spell European?)
<BodyTex>Monique</BodyTex>
<BumpTex>Robyn</BumpTex>
<Hair>messy</Hair>
<HairTex>feathered_raven</HairTex>

<BodyTex>Veronica</BodyTex>
<BumpTex>Robyn</BumpTex>
<Hair>messy</Hair
<HairTex>feathered_raven</HairTex>

The images show different hair for each model, but it's not included. Veronica's hair looks like Robyn's. which is "glamour", not "messy". The others, I don't know.
You get skin textures, which look OK from what I've seen so far, as I just got them.
The body appears to be Robyn's body, and the one I looked at appears to be unchanged.
You get eye textures which aren't very good, low detail and there are light reflections on them.

It's deceiving because the pictures show items that are not included with the model, and they state:
"Geselle is a 100% unique character for SexSim that includes a unique hair model and textures that work standalone or with the SexSim Hair Styler."
This is, of course a false statement - there is no hair on any of my models.

Also, you'd think they could pack it correctly.
I tried sending a message through their support form and it didn't work, I got a postmaster bounce - they are blocking their own IP address.

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 09:43:43 PM »
It looks as if perhaps your files got messed up, since I know that those models all have unique hair. Either that or someone on Babesoul's side changed things. Is that exactly how the files came out of the zips?

Auguaman

• Land of many waters
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 09:14:01 AM »
Yes, I viewed the contents within WinRar just in case it went to the wrong folder. There is nothing but the skin images, thumbs and the xml. No hair. I extracted one, then looked at the other two in WinRar so the xml is unaltered.
I will send them an eMail through regular means, but if you can suggest or do anything I'd appreciate that, as I expect their response to be simply apologetic.

Oh, if I can attach a report here, then you'll see. I did delete thumbs.db which is a hidden file created by Windows Explorer. So ignore the folder dates.

Auguaman

• Land of many waters
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 09:34:10 AM »
Wait, the folder dates are correct, I thought they would change when I deleted a file and I just saw 2015, they were altered in January.

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 09:43:46 PM »
Ok I might have the original zip files on my computer somewhere. I'll take a look tomorrow (going to bed right now) and if I can find them I'll send you a link. We should probably take down the link to their site, too. Anyone else having trouble with these characters?

Auguaman

• Land of many waters
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 09:12:04 AM »
I compared the files of all three models; the XML files are all the same, Monique and Veronica have identical skins.

I sent an eMail directly to babesoul support:
Enquiry:
Where is the hair for these models?
You site says "Geselle is a 100% unique character for SexSim that includes a unique hair model and textures that work standalone"
There is no hair included with the models, Monique and Veronica have identical skins, so you charged me for nothing but a name.
Please correct this issue.

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 11:07:00 AM »
I searched high and low to see if I had the files on my hard drive somewhere but alas I came up empty. I'll keep an eye out while I'm working, though. They might be in a separate backed-up zip file somewhere. In the mean time, I hope you hear back from BabeSoul.

Auguaman

• Land of many waters
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 11:14:11 AM »
Not a peep from Babesoul, my message was not rejected and did not bounce, so I'm really puzzled as to why there is no reply at all.
No change to their website at all, and I re-downloaded the models a few days ago and no change there either.

I really just wanted the hair and wanted to see if I might be able to make hair myself, it's impossible to see how they did it since they altered the files in January and all the XML are the same.

According to the instructions posted here you cannot make custom hair and the <HairTex> tag does not work. So I assume the Babesoul hair files were encrypted anyway.

Giselle

• Queen Bee
  • Administrator
  • bzzz bzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 11:19:25 AM »
Does anyone else here have the BabeSoul girls with their hair? If so, can you please share them with me so I have them to help out when things like this happen? Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk