Sex Sim > User Creations

Exporting Characters

(1/3) > >>

oldbill:
Massively into making models now that I've got all the add ons and a bit more knowledge about xml.  Problem is that for every (say) 10 models I make, I can only ever seem to get one (or sometimes none) to pack up right.  I know Windows 7 has problems with it's 'program files' settings but I've overridden most of those (ie not hidden, readable and as admin).

Any ideas?  Loving this, sexsim is the best program right now for making these models.  Can't wait for the make-up addon :D

Jak (ripened peach):
Can you give a little bit more info on what you mean about them not packing up right? Are you getting errors? What kind? What is your process for making a character? Are you using the Character Editor or creating them from scratch via XML?

oldbill:
Yep, I am not getting error messages but when I save the model, it stays on the screen after saving and the only way out is to exit the program and restart.  It saves the model, but it doesn't go back to the main menu.  The same thing happens when I try to repack characters (although some do work??), ie I don't get the screen that asks if you want to upload.

To create models I use PPP, then tweak then 'til my eyeballs fall out :)

I suspect the problem has something to do with Windows 7 and the program files directories.  It really doesn't like anything saving into them.  I have full admin privileges and I run the program as admin.  I've also made the relevant directories attribute free (ie no read only rubbish)

Jak (ripened peach):
Yes that could indeed have to do with Windows 7.  Especially if you've installed anywhere but the default C:\Sex Sim directory then it may have certain troubles with folder permissions.

oldbill:
Is there any way I can set up the packed characters anywhere else??  Or will I have to reinstall in a non-program files directory?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version