March 28, 2024, 01:12:37 PM

Author Topic: Exporting Characters  (Read 18622 times)

oldbill

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Exporting Characters
« on: May 18, 2013, 06:04:53 PM »
Massively into making models now that I've got all the add ons and a bit more knowledge about xml.  Problem is that for every (say) 10 models I make, I can only ever seem to get one (or sometimes none) to pack up right.  I know Windows 7 has problems with it's 'program files' settings but I've overridden most of those (ie not hidden, readable and as admin).

Any ideas?  Loving this, sexsim is the best program right now for making these models.  Can't wait for the make-up addon :D

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
Re: Exporting Characters
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 08:46:04 PM »
Can you give a little bit more info on what you mean about them not packing up right? Are you getting errors? What kind? What is your process for making a character? Are you using the Character Editor or creating them from scratch via XML?

oldbill

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 02:50:31 PM »
Yep, I am not getting error messages but when I save the model, it stays on the screen after saving and the only way out is to exit the program and restart.  It saves the model, but it doesn't go back to the main menu.  The same thing happens when I try to repack characters (although some do work??), ie I don't get the screen that asks if you want to upload.

To create models I use PPP, then tweak then 'til my eyeballs fall out :)

I suspect the problem has something to do with Windows 7 and the program files directories.  It really doesn't like anything saving into them.  I have full admin privileges and I run the program as admin.  I've also made the relevant directories attribute free (ie no read only rubbish)

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 11:01:38 PM »
Yes that could indeed have to do with Windows 7.  Especially if you've installed anywhere but the default C:\Sex Sim directory then it may have certain troubles with folder permissions.

oldbill

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 06:13:58 PM »
Is there any way I can set up the packed characters anywhere else??  Or will I have to reinstall in a non-program files directory?

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 07:00:49 PM »
If you install Sex Sim into the Program Files directory then you will most likely have problems with Windows permissions. That's the only reason why I set the default install directory to be outside of Program Files. The only real solution aside from moving Sex Sim is to go in and make absolutely sure that Windows has given Sex Sim TOTAL permissions for anything within the Program Files\Sex Sim folder structure (if that's where you installed it).

There are ways to manually pack up characters into a zip file but that's not something I can offer support with because of all the varying configurations people have. If you're comfortable with zipping files up then it shouldn't be too difficult.

oldbill

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 05:09:57 PM »
Mmmm. easiest way then is to re-install.  I'll lose a few of my models, but I'm having fun making them so hey..... :D

oldbill

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 05:42:37 PM »
Hey Jak, I reinstalled it outside of the Program Files structure but the same thing is still happening.  I can save and pack some characters, but some just freeze on the save and/or pack screens...

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 06:16:34 PM »
I'm not sure why that would be, then. It's not something that's been reported by anyone else so it could be any number of things.

Can you go ahead and make some test characters, try them out, and get it to freeze, and THEN send me your output_log to the help desk? If you need help with the output_log, look here: http://www.sexsim.com/helpdesk/knowledgebase.php?article=7

I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what might be happening.

oldbill

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 06:52:23 PM »
OK, finally found some time to do this.  I was able to save and pack one character but the second acted the way I have described.

Here's the save output log and the pack output log

imcristian10

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 05:02:45 AM »
interesting

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk