March 28, 2024, 10:47:17 AM

Author Topic: Pronzilla's People Permutor v1.0 - New Faces  (Read 15271 times)

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
  • what does this button do? <fx:ka-boom>
    • View Profile
Pronzilla's People Permutor v1.0 - New Faces
« on: February 06, 2012, 02:41:43 PM »
Pronzilla's People Permutor v1.0

This version is obsolete, get the new one from the add-ons shop

New Faces

Changes in v1.0:
  • First (quick) cut of support for all the new face morphing stuff in SexSim 1.2
  • better reporting (including error display) during startup
Extra note: there's a LOT of new face morphing going on in here.  That means that there are a lot more new ways for "random" to turn into "wacky".  I've tried to knock off the worst of the rough edges, but it can still get a bit crazy in there, particularly with some of the new bodies.     

This is essentially a "quick-and-dirty" release to get the initial support out there for some of the new face morphing handles in SexSim 1.2.  Refinements (and some more sophisticated morphing) will follow in time...

What is it?
Pronzilla's People Permutor is a totally, utterly, UNOFFICIAL, Java-based utility for Ripened Peach's SexSim, that creates random girls (only, for now) by mixing up the girls you have installed and morphing the face/body models. It creates 10 girls at a time, named "ppp 0" to "ppp 9".  I'm sure you can figure things out from there.

PLEASE NOTE:                                                         
EACH TIME YOU RUN PPP, IT WILL OVERWRITE ANY GIRLS FROM PAST RUNS. IF YOU WANT TO KEEP ANY OF THE GIRLS PPP GENERATES, EITHER RENAME THEM USING THE "MANAGE LADIES" UTILITY, OR USE THE CHARACTER EDITOR TO RENAME/EDIT THEM, BEFORE PERMUTING AGAIN - OTHERWISE THEY WILL GET WIPED.

How do I install it?

First, you're going to need to install a Java runtime from http://www.java.com/ If you've already got Java installed, I recommend checking that you're up to date

Once you have that installed, just create a directory somewhere on your system and put the ppp.jar file in it.  Anywhere on the system will do, but the closer it is to your SexSim directory, the less work it will have to do when you first run it (see below)   

Double-click the ppp.jar file to run it. 

Note for Windows 7/Vista people

Sexsim keeps its "user_created" data in its program directory.  If you installed sexsim in the "program files" directory, and you run as a "normal" (non-admin) user, that means that PPP won't be able to write directly to those directories, because Windows protects them from editing to avoid things getting accidentally trashed.   

There are two ways to work around this:
  • I am told (but have not tested myself) that if you put PPP actually in the sexsim directory, things will work.  This tricks Windows into thinking ppp is part of sexsim, so Windows (mostly) plays nice.  Thanks to forum user oldcock for suggesting this workaround.
  • PPP will detect that it's being blocked.  It will then write the files elsewhere instead, and you can manually copy the files into place.  (ppp will tell you where to copy them to/from).
Problems?

The first time you run it, it'll go hunting across your system for your copy of SexSim, and record that location in a ppp.properties file next to the ppp.jar, ready for next time.  This bit might take a little while (maybe a few minutes at worst, probably more like 30 seconds, depending on the size of your video collection) but it only happens once.

PPP should generate a ppp.log file in the same directory as the .jar file.  If you're having problems, either PM me that file, or post it in this forum with a description of the problem.

Things I'd like to add someday

(disclaimer: inclusion in this list doesn't guarantee I'm ever going to actually add a feature, just that I'm thinking about doing it some day)
  • more UI Tweaks to cope better if you have lots and lots and lots of textures (thanks for the bug report, ed583!)
  • more support for all the new morphing stuff
  • permuting/morphing males (this may take a while, and I'll probably won't start until jak gives the xml/texture file details)
Any requests?
If there's anything you'd like that's not in the above list, feel free to suggest/ask about it here.  No promises, but I'll see what I can do...

The files
ppp.jar is the program itself.
history.txt is just a list of what got added in what version, including bug fix descriptions.  probably very dull, but included for completeness.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 02:26:17 PM by pronzilla »
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
Re: Pronzilla's People Permutor v1.0 - New Faces
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 02:43:34 PM »
AWESOME!  Going to try it out now.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 02:59:36 PM »
Hey, very cool.  I like some of the new additions like the Manage Ladies tab.  Good stuff!

Thrillmonkey

• Tester
  • I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 08:51:59 PM »
I would like to add the skin tones that I've discovered that works beautifully (well, at least for me...) to be added to the the randomizer as well. Is there a way to accomplish that?

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
  • what does this button do? <fx:ka-boom>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 01:12:35 PM »
I would like to add the skin tones that I've discovered that works beautifully (well, at least for me...) to be added to the the randomizer as well. Is there a way to accomplish that?
Not yet, but it's on the list. 

As well as the 5 extra body shapes, this update created 34 new handles for the randomiser to play with (I think - I may have miscounted, and that's counting the skin tone and jewellery colours as 1 each).  Figuring out sane ranges for each one, plus how they interact with each other, takes a while.  This is good, I've just got a slight case of "kid in a candy store" as I try to figure out how to implement them all, and not many hours per week to work on it.

So far, I've hooked up 18 of the new toggles - mostly the basic face component morphs (nose wider, nose taller, eyebrow angle, that sort of thing)

The remaining full-face morphs are tricky from a UI perspective.  I'm still trying to figure out a way to present it to the user that doesn't just batter you about the head with eighty gajillion controls.  I think I have the germ of an idea, and I'm going to take a few days "off" (i.e. probably not actually coding, just thinking) to try and figure out how it's gonna fit together.  The new jewellery options and skin tone will probably get included at the same time.

Holy crap, I just noticed that there's a bunch of extra eyelash styles in there, too. 

(PS, thanks for posting the skin tones you used in your other thread - that's helpful info in the "figuring out sane ranges" department)
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

Thrillmonkey

• Tester
  • I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 04:09:47 PM »
I have a few others that might be worthwhile as well if you want those.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk