March 28, 2024, 08:58:29 AM

Author Topic: Pronzilla's People Permutor v0.7 - jewellery (+hair with styler add-on)  (Read 28702 times)

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
  • what does this button do? <fx:ka-boom>
    • View Profile
Pronzilla's People Permutor v0.7

This version is obsolete, look for a newer one elsewhere in this board...

Changes from last version:
  • added basic jewellery controls
  • tweaked to find all hair styles you have installed, rather than only the ones used in installed characters
    • now picks up the alternate no-glasses version of Vanessa's hair, for example
  • added support for the "no hair" style (not selected by default)
  • added hair colour support (only if you have the styler add-on).  includes:
    • the "dye" colours that come with the hair styler add-on
    • a few natural colours via RGB ranges
    • a few "dye" colours via RGB ranges
      • based on the non-natural colours in the standard dye pack

What is it?
Pronzilla's People Permutor is a totally, utterly, UNOFFICIAL, Java-based utility for Ripened Peach's SexSim. 

PPP creates random girls (only, for now) by mixing up the girls you have installed (body texture from one, hair from another, eyes from yet another, and so on).  It can also change the body proportions a bit.

It creates 10 files in /Sex Sim/Runtime/user_created/characters, named f-ppp_0.xml to f-ppp_9.xml, containing random girl definitions.  So, the next time you start up SS, you'll see 10 extra girls named "ppp 0" to "ppp 9".  I'm sure you can figure things out from there.

PLEASE NOTE:                                                         
PPP WILL OVERWRITE ANY EXISTING XML FILES NAMED f-ppp_(x).xml

IF YOU HAVE VERSIONS OF THOSE FILES YOU WANT TO KEEP (SUCH AS OUTPUT FROM PREVIOUS RUNS) COPY THEM ELSEWHERE BEFORE RUNNING PPP AGAIN, OR THEY WILL GET WIPED.

How do I install it?

First, you're going to need to install a Java runtime from http://www.java.com/

Once you have that installed, just create a directory somewhere on your system and put the ppp.jar file in it.  Anywhere on the system will do, but the closer it is to your SexSim directory, the less work it will have to do when you first run it (see below)   

Double-click the ppp.jar file to run it. 

Note for Windows 7/Vista people

Sexsim keeps its "user_created" data in its program directory.  If you installed sexsim in the "program files" directory, and you run as a "normal" (non-admin) user, that means that PPP won't be able to write directly to those directories, because Windows protects them from editing to avoid things getting accidentally trashed.   

There are two ways to work around this:
  • PPP will detect that it's being blocked.  It will then write the files elsewhere instead, and you can manually copy the files into place.  (ppp will tell you where to copy them to/from).
  • I am told (but have not tested myself) that if you put PPP actually in the sexsim directory, things will work (This tricks windows into thinking ppp is part of sexsim, and cuts it some slack)

What does it do?

The first time you run it, it'll go hunting across your system for your copy of SexSim, and record that location in a ppp.properties file next to the ppp.jar, ready for next time.  This bit might take a little while (maybe a few minutes at worst) but it only happens once.

Once it's found Sex Sim, it'll scan the Sex Sim directory to see what it's got to play with.

Finally, once it's ready to go, it'll let you play with the options, and then generate the custom xml character files. 

Along the way, it will also spit out a ppp.log file in the same directory as the .jar file.  You probably don't care about that - it's just a slightly-more-detailed record of what gets shown in the log window.

Things I'd like to add someday

(disclaimer: inclusion in this list doesn't guarantee I'm ever going to actually add a feature, just that I'm thinking about doing it some day)

• permuting/morphing males (this may take a while, and I'll probably won't start until jak gives the xml/texture file details)
  • internationalization (this will also take a while)
  • support for choosing which teeth textures get used (if and when I see any teeth textures that are actually different from the basic one)

Any requests?
If there's anything you'd like that's not in the above list, feel free to suggest/ask about it here.  No promises, but I'll see what I can do...

The files
ppp.jar is the program itself.
history.txt is just a list of what got added in what version, including bug fix descriptions.  probably very dull, but included for completeness.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:22:42 PM by pronzilla »
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
    • View Profile
Just to add: as people have commented elsewhere: the custom hair colours make a surprisingly big difference to the feeling of variety...
Please remix my stuff! Use anything I've posted here as the base for your own work.  Please post it here too!

Want more girls?  Pronzilla's People Permutor makes more by mixing up the ones you've already got

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
I just tried this out and once again I offer my congratulations to pronzilla for a job well done. :)

After running it a few times I noticed that if you're using the Hair Styler add-on then some of the random girls will have the same color hair time after time even when randomized.  You can tell this is happening when the "Hair Style" tab lights up purple when you select a girl. 

This is totally on my end so I'll put a fix in for the next update.  In the mean time, if you see a purple "Hair Styler" tab while using girls from this People Permutor tool, just click the tab, go to the "color" side tab, and click the "original color" option.  This will set her hair color to the color PPP wants it to be.

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
    • View Profile
I was starting to wonder about that, but wasn't entirely sure I wasn't imagining it.  Glad I'm not cracking up.  Much.

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
I was starting to wonder about that, but wasn't entirely sure I wasn't imagining it.  Glad I'm not cracking up.  Much.

Much.  :eyebrows:

speedbuster

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
a very good tool thank you very much

booblover

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Just tried this excellent range of girls and worked brillaintly first time I loaded the game, but the second time I tried it froze the game screen and would only work without the extra girls..

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
    • View Profile
Just tried this excellent range of girls and worked brillaintly first time I loaded the game, but the second time I tried it froze the game screen and would only work without the extra girls..
Not sure I entirely follow what you mean here.  Do you mean that PPP froze up, or SexSim? 

booblover

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Hi I meant sexsim froze up and would only load once I removed the PPP, is it worth installing an earlier version ?
 Oh and forgot to say thanks for such a brilliant download..

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
Hi I meant sexsim froze up and would only load once I removed the PPP, is it worth installing an earlier version ?
 Oh and forgot to say thanks for such a brilliant download..

Generally if you get a lockup in Sex Sim it's something that you'll want to use the help desk for.

booblover

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Re: Pronzilla's People Permutor v0.7 - jewellery (+hair with styler add-on)
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 04:54:25 AM »
Just wanted to say THANKS for this brilliant add on,  I now have loads of models to play with (so to speak) !! :eyebrows: ;D

NMM

• Tester
  • Storytime!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 11:24:28 AM »
Finally gave this a try and I'm very impressed at how smoothly and effectively it works!

You get some cool combinations you'd never have thought of (it gave me a girl with Gem's skin from the Tron pack with Vanessa's hair and Tiffany's facial structure!) but also some unexpected ones - girls with Nukshala's cat eyes but otherwise normal-looking, or a very pale white girl with a black girl's facial structure, making her look albino.

Will keep experimenting, thanks Pronzilla!

pronzilla

• Sex Sim Rock Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 01:09:02 PM »
You get some cool combinations you'd never have thought of

That's the fun of random.  What people do when they're being "random" usually isn't, but computers can be much better at pretending to be really random.

Of course, sometimes it just does something batshit insane, and you have to go "OOOOOkaaay.  Next!"

thanks everyone!

booblover

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 01:52:27 PM »
Was just wondering if it's possible to save favourite characters the re randomize to create different ones again ??

NMM

• Tester
  • Storytime!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 04:16:16 PM »
It says in the guide - just copy the xml files in /Sex Sim/Runtime/user_created/characters for the character that you want to save, save it somewhere else, re-randomise then replace the new one with the old one (or edit the old one to have a new name, but you might need to edit some other xmlfiles so that the game can see the newly named one?)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk