March 28, 2024, 07:24:47 AM

Author Topic: Hints and Tips  (Read 33123 times)

Jak (ripened peach)

• Administrator
  • I codes the codes
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach Entertainment
Hints and Tips
« on: March 03, 2011, 12:31:36 AM »
This thread is where people can share various ideas that can help other people with their creations.  If you've got some tips that you think will be useful, share them here.

I'll start...

When you're in the main menu and a female character is selected, hit the TAB key to bring up a special view of her.  You'll end up with a screen like this:

You can move the mouse around to change the view.  Use Alt-Print Screen to take a screen shot and then in your graphic editor it's easy to remove the grey background, and then you have a nice screen shot to use for your character thumbnails, etc.

If you use the rotation buttons on the main screen under the girl you can get her head angled how you like just before hitting TAB.  Play around with it, you'll see.

A little trick you can use with this is to go to the Options menu and then hit Tab.  You will then be in the environment with the girl standing still and you can move the camera around just like in the regular game.  This lets you get good screen shots of new clothing, etc. without her moving all over the place.

So there you go.  Have fun and let's hear some tips!

marmetian

• I love creating new girls !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hints and Tips
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 10:58:40 PM »
The Alt+Print Screen does not work on my computer for some reason,But I discovered that F12 will give me a screen shot. Just in case anyone else has this problem.

NMM

• Tester
  • Storytime!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 04:33:51 AM »
Alt-Printscreen is a Windows command, and copies the currently-selected window to the clipboard, so F12 will get you a screenshot in your screenshots folder in the Sex Sim directory, where Alt-Printscreen just copies the window and you can paste it into Photoshop or whatever, goes a little faster than digging through folders.

DaVe

• SexSim > other adult software
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 02:15:13 PM »
I thought I would post this video tutorial for people new to creating custom textures.  It does a really good job showing how to make realistic makeup of all kinds using GIMP. I self-taught myself long before finding this video, but it's pretty close to the techniques I currently use. Check it out if you're looking to improve your makeup-making skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M92KPCy8Vlc

A couple things worth noting:
-I also recommend using the Color Hue/Saturation tool as I find its a better way to get the exact color/shade you want than just playing with the layer settings(dodge, burn, overlay, etc). I still play around with those settings, but only after I use the Color Hue/Saturation tool first.
-If you're new to this method I recommend starting with Jak's Base Female textures from the add-ons page. The reason being is he already has everything makeup related sorted into the relevant layers you would need to correctly apply this method.(Although if i remember correctly they were made with photoshop, so if you're a GIMP user like me, then you will need to change the file extension to .xcf to get all the layers to show up in correct format.)
-In the future I am gonna start including my GIMP .xcf files I use making my models with each zip I upload to the add-ons page. This way people can just open those files and turn off the layers of tattoos, makeup, etc they dont like and resave it as a new texture that they prefer. Dont know why I didnt think of this before.
-Lastly, there are some other methods that use paths instead of the manual blending above that I know some people prefer for makeup creation. For me, I think the method shown in the video works better as it creates a more natural look. Play around with each as they both are effective...it's just a matter of personal preference.

Happy Make-up'ing!  8)
DaVe was here.

LazeeDragon

• i love creating too bad cannot do guys yet lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 09:17:04 AM »
yeah i read that somewhere about f12 instead of using the prtsc key idk for sure i used the f12 key but did not see any images i used it for hmmm am i doing anything wrong?
Happy sexsimming
~LD~
~LD~

spartacus258

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 03:11:26 AM »
This is so great! :X
Cand o femeie cumpara pantofi dama sau sandale dama va cumparara intotdeauna si o rochii de seara

alina108

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 06:29:12 AM »
thank you

lagit38

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 09:16:19 AM »
The F12 key will often not work for me.  When it does work it will only take 1 photo.  I think I may have found the answer.

When I used it earlier, I was able to take more pictures.  But only if I allowed some time between each shot.  I think this is memory.

I had gone into the program later and increased the resolution, better effects, generally maxed out everything.

I had better views, but the F12 will only take 1 picture.  Memory in the game is really worked hard with my present settings.

I use a free screen capture program by Gadwin Systems that allow me to take excellent shots without using the clipboard or in game snapshots.  This way I can keep my settings maxed out.

Posing.  I like to shoot model only poses.  But we really don't have a pose set like that.  A good work around is to take a shot (Like Missionary) make the partner disappear, then adjust with the alternative variations like the vaginal or breast options and you have a more natural pose.  Have the model look at the camera and you'll get a lot of super poses! 8)

Rhicco

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
Question
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 04:33:59 PM »
I have used the permutations program but none of the characters I saved show up when Irun  SexSim.. just the two originals.. what am I doing wrong?

@Valerian@

• Time to play the game !
    • View Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 10:46:41 AM »
I have used the permutations program but none of the characters I saved show up when Irun  SexSim.. just the two originals.. what am I doing wrong?

First, you're going to need to install a Java runtime from http://www.java.com/
(If you've already got Java installed, I recommend checking that you're up to date)

Once you have that installed, just create a directory somewhere on your system and put the ppp.jar file in it.  Anywhere on the system will do, but the closer it is to your SexSim directory, the less work it will have to do when you first run it.

The first time you run PPP, it'll go hunting across your system for your copy of SexSim, and record that location in a ppp.properties file next to the ppp.jar, ready for next time.  This bit might take a little while (maybe a few minutes at worst, probably more like 30 seconds, depending on the size of your video collection) but it only happens once.

If you use Windows 7/Vista:
Sexsim keeps its "user_created" data in its program directory.  If you installed sexsim in the "program files" directory, and you run as a "normal" (non-admin) user, that means that PPP won't be able to write directly to those directories, because Windows protects them from editing to avoid things getting accidentally trashed.   

There are two ways to work around this:
- I am told (but have not tested myself) that if you put PPP actually in the sexsim directory, things will work (This tricks Windows into thinking ppp is part of sexsim, so Windows (mostly) plays nice).  Thanks to forum user oldcock for suggestings this workaround.
- PPP will detect that it's being blocked.  It will then write the files elsewhere instead, and you can manually copy the files into place.  (ppp will tell you where to copy them to/from).

At last check the PPP settings. Is there maybe no character selected ?

PPP should generate a ppp.log file in the same directory as the .jar file. 
If you're having still problems, post it in this forum.

PLEASE NOTE:                                                         
EACH TIME YOU RUN PPP, IT WILL OVERWRITE ANY GIRLS FROM PAST RUNS. IF YOU WANT TO KEEP ANY OF THE GIRLS PPP GENERATES, EITHER RENAME THEM USING THE "MANAGE LADIES" UTILITY, OR USE THE CHARACTER EDITOR TO RENAME/EDIT THEM, BEFORE PERMUTING AGAIN - OTHERWISE THEY WILL GET WIPED.

You find this Information too in the readme file in the PPP folder

Souril

• I love Sex Sim!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 02:25:48 AM »
I found an interesting bug out that I think is really neat. Click on your CUM NOW button with your mouse wheel and drag is just a bit in any direction. Your characters will cum when they are done if your mouse is still on the CUM NOW button they should cum again. In fact they will keep cumming until you take the mouse off or push a mouse button again.

I have done this several times and found it very fun  :eyebrows:

whatever0623

• Glad I found sexsim!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 05:00:03 PM »
Woo! Cool I am going to try that! Thanks!  :eyebrows:
If you can't be good, be good at it!

@Valerian@

• Time to play the game !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 10:46:07 AM »
Very funny ;D ! My male character know looks like an empty toothpaste tube  :eyebrows:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk